Ask a question

No registration required

Planning on getting the Moto G

OP aanonymoushuman

26th April 2014, 03:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 137

302 posts
So I am planning to get a Moto G for my wife and I am wondering which edition to get. As I understand both the stock and Google Play editions are the same price. But will there be any benefits of one over the other if I plan to install a custom ROM on it anyway? Also you can flash Google Stock images on the normal Moto G? Is that correct? And also when you buy the phone from the Motorola website you choose which version to get the Global GSM or US GSM. which version will you get if you buy it from Google?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
26th April 2014, 03:43 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

35 posts
The Google Play Moto G is XT1032 (the global gsm model). As I understand, you can easily convert the normal one from motorola (either global or US gsm) to a play edition rom if you want to. See the Mototool thread in the original development section of this forum for details on how to do so. As for custom roms, both versions (xt1034, xt1032, and xt1032 GPE) are fully supported by all roms as far as I can tell (please, I would be happy if someone would correct me if I'm wrong about that). I'm personally happy with my 16GB US version running stock kit kat with xposed framework and a number of modules.
26th April 2014, 08:45 AM   |  #3  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 13

68 posts
I want the moderator to ban me.
Last edited by alikpronoy; 21st May 2014 at 07:29 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread