Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,635 Members 52,797 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Question on water damage indicator

Tip us?

301stSpartan
Old
Thanks Meter 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeineshock View Post
there are no waterindicators like you have on the xz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdfacenyan View Post
I can almost guarantee you there is. I'll see what the official support docs say tomorrow and report back. Most likely its hidden in or around the SIM tray as it is with most battery internal phones
Not sure sure about the s, but on the z1 the inside/back of the flaps are white. These turn red if they get wet. The indicators are not on the phone body but rather on the flaps themselves.
Sony Xperia Z1 C6902
Samsung Galaxy S II i9100G
Motorola Atrix 4G MB860 - RIP (bricked)
Motorola Droid A855 - RIP (drunkenly dropped in puddle)
The Following User Says Thank You to 301stSpartan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Caffeineshock
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Lol
Where? Can you show me /us?
I cannot see any indicators on my flaps

Gesendet von meinem C6903 mit Tapatalk

Kirkymole
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by 301stSpartan View Post
Not sure sure about the s, but on the z1 the inside/back of the flaps are white. These turn red if they get wet. The indicators are not on the phone body but rather on the flaps themselves.
I'm curious now, I doubt what you've said is true as the flaps look the same as the ones off the Z in terms of material and composition, the Z flaps don't turn red, or mine would have looked like a car brake light.
If it's broke, use a hammer. If that fails, you're not using a big enough hammer.

301stSpartan
Old
Thanks Meter 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkymole View Post
I'm curious now, I doubt what you've said is true as the flaps look the same as the ones off the Z in terms of material and composition, the Z flaps don't turn red, or mine would have looked like a car brake light.
Just going by what others here have said. Some have reported theirs turning red. Mine are white, and not about to test it
Sony Xperia Z1 C6902
Samsung Galaxy S II i9100G
Motorola Atrix 4G MB860 - RIP (bricked)
Motorola Droid A855 - RIP (drunkenly dropped in puddle)

Kirkymole
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Just going by what others here have said. Some have reported theirs turning red. Mine are white, and not about to test it
I've just confirmed it, dripped a couple of drops of water out of a syringe onto the flap over the USB and the flap over the Sim tray, Nothing changed.

I was careful enough to make sure the phone was at such an angle that any water could not possibly get into the handset. And my warranty is already toast before anyone says how daft I was
If it's broke, use a hammer. If that fails, you're not using a big enough hammer.

nerdfacenyan
Old
Thanks Meter 170

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Nope, small white square on the top front edge of the SIM card slot. Totally above the slide out with the IMEI information
iPhone 5S, T-Mobile. iOS 8 Beta 5
Google Nexus 5, T-Mobile. L Preview
LG G3, T-Mobile. Rooted Stock.
HTC Rezound,Verizon. Stock. On loan to a friend.
iPad Air, T-Mobile. iOS 8 Beta 5
HTC HD2, Verizon Galaxy Nexus. Gathering dust on my desk.
Infrequent poster. T-Mobile Sales Representative. I don't speak in an official capacity for anyone but myself.

HotKillerZzz
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdfacenyan View Post
Nope, small white square on the top front edge of the SIM card slot. Totally above the slide out with the IMEI information
Any pictures?