Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Help suggesting a new case.

OP xterminater07

25th April 2014, 08:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17

255 posts
Hi everyone! Just recently got this behemoth of a phone, and it is just too beautiful to go naked bc if I dropped it, it's over. So that saying, my mom has a Galaxy note 2 and she has a case-mate POP case from AT&T on clearance for like $5, and it's a solid case. I want a case similar to this case, where if the phone landed on it's face, it won't be damaged a lot since there's enough lip on the case. This won't really be a major factor since I will be putting a tempered glass protector on it. The major thing I'm trying to find is a case where it won't eat a lot of lint if you do fit it in your pocket, and won't slip off at the corners if you do drop it! I have seen cases that is made out of just TPU claiming tight fit, but as soon as it lands, the phone goes one way and the case goes the other, and also the battery....

I have seen the spigen slim armor, and it looks solid compare to the neo-hybrid. All the other cases are too bulky, like the lovemei, or the ballistic series. Please list your suggestion, and real life photos of the case, including the lip clearance on the screen if you can so I can make my decisions Thanks a lot once again!
25th April 2014, 09:25 PM   |  #2  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 742

3,249 posts
More
Slim Armor is a good option if you don't want too much bulk. This case fits very snugly and won't come off unless you pill it off. It provides only modest drop protection though. If you want really good protection an Otterbox commuter or similar such as trident aegis would be better. Those cases make the phone significantly larger though.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
26th April 2014, 12:48 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 15

106 posts
I just got the spigen neo hybrid and it's a really nice slim case. I love the styling. Seems like it should be adequate protection for normal use. I just got it today though so not going to comment on the long term.

MJC
The Following User Says Thank You to Chillout2010 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2014, 03:22 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 3

65 posts
I've been using my note 3 naked till I got a rock joyful case. It increased the width but not the thickness of the overall feel and it's harder to remove the s-pen but it give me a safer feeling when using it without worrying if drop compared to naked!

26th April 2014, 05:39 AM   |  #5  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 110

599 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EeeK

I've been using my note 3 naked till I got a rock joyful case. It increased the width but not the thickness of the overall feel and it's harder to remove the s-pen but it give me a safer feeling when using it without worrying if drop compared to naked!

Even I have that case it's pretty good but I don't like that plastic rim feels cheap, now using UAG navigator probably the best case for our device imo

Sent from my SM-N900
26th April 2014, 06:26 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17

255 posts
thank you all for your answer! The urban armor looks decent but still pretty thick. The otterbox series I don't like since that's over bulking, the spigen slim armor is possibly the best case imo but I don't know how good it is until one of the guy here said it's pretty tight fit
26th April 2014, 06:34 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 4

351 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelostlegend

Even I have that case it's pretty good but I don't like that plastic rim feels cheap, now using UAG navigator probably the best case for our device imo

Sent from my SM-N900

I have one of these cases..probably the best things ever. Had one for my S4 previously, and it took so much damage! My phone is a big thicker now, but it's protected without being otterbox thick
26th April 2014, 11:03 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 8

118 posts
More
I have both a UAG and otterbox commuter. Used to use those cheap tpu case and I thought it was fine until I dropped any bent my speaker grill.

Ever since then, I'm addicted to UAG. Beware of fakes though. I feel the otterbox a bit too heavy to use.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread