Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,354 Members 41,932 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The 2014 LG - V400 & V700 Tablets Are In The Pipeline.. Opinions?

Tip us?

Subtleone
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderWill View Post
I think most will agree.. 8 inches is the *Goldie Locks* Sweet Spot for tablet size..
But.. I also think the allure of a Higher Res Screen 1920 x 1080 to 2560 x 1600 (2K Resolution) and a jump from 1.7 GHz to 2.5GHz and the promise of Key-Lime Pie 4.5/5.0 out of the box or with a swift update this fall, will be enough to change a lot of our minds..

By then, the pressure of the Nexus-8 and maybe even an updated Galaxy Note 8.4 will have a lot of us re-thinking how we feel at this moment..
Nexus 8 is still just a rumor, and the updated Galaxy Note is low res, so no chance. As to the Tab Pro specs, here's the thing: I paid $213 for the G Pad and am very happy with it. The Tab Pro is nice, but aside from some incremental improvements (the G Pad already has a Retina display as per Apple's own definition), things like the pen, or improved camera are of no interest to me. Truly NONE.

I am not a graphic artist, and I barely do any handwriting nowadays, though I write for a living. As to the rear camera, I have never even used it once, since my go-to camera is my LG G2, and for more serious pictures, I have more serious equipment. The front camera is more than good enough for video Skyping.

So do I think the faster CPU, and higher resolution screen are worth an extra $150? Nope.
Phone - LG G2

ROM - OptimusRs Pro 2 Rom For LG G2 V4.3

Tablet - LG G Pad 8.3

ROM - V50018a (leaked KitKat) with improved gamma values

RaiderWill
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subtleone View Post
Nexus 8 is still just a rumor, and the updated Galaxy Note is low res, so no chance. As to the Tab Pro specs, here's the thing: I paid $213 for the G Pad and am very happy with it. things like the pen, or improved camera are of no interest to me. Truly NONE.
I am not a graphic artist, and I barely do any handwriting nowadays, though I write for a living. As to the rear camera, I have never even used it once, since my go-to camera is my LG G2, and for more serious pictures, I have more serious equipment. The front camera is more than good enough for video Skyping.

So do I think the faster CPU, and higher resolution screen are worth an extra $150? Nope.
You sound like a *Happy Owner* of the V500...

And for a purchase price of $213.00 Brand New.. You got a Great Deal.

As for as this "Low-Res" 2014 Samsung Galaxy Note 8.4 you are referring to... I can find no such device..
Correct Me if I'm wrong.. but it sounds like.. you thought I was referring to the Samsung Galaxy "Pro Tab 8.4".. I was not.
But I do agree.. the Pro Tab 8.4's price of $399.00 is too high.. just like the G-Pad at $349.00 on launch was too high.
AS MY 9 MONTHS WITH THE LG G-PAD COMES TO A CLOSE...

I GUESS THERE WERE MORE HIGHS THAN THERE WERE LOWS...

Subtleone
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderWill View Post
You sound like a *Happy Owner* of the V500...

And for a purchase price of $213.00 Brand New.. You got a Great Deal.

As for as this "Low-Res" 2014 Samsung Galaxy Note 8.4 you are referring to... I can find no such device..
Correct Me if I'm wrong.. but it sounds like.. you thought I was referring to the Samsung Galaxy "Pro Tab 8.4".. I was not.
But I do agree.. the Pro Tab 8.4's price of $399.00 is too high.. just like the G-Pad at $349.00 on launch was too high.
Right, I confused the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 that is coming out.
Phone - LG G2

Tablet - LG G Pad 8.3

RaiderWill
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subtleone View Post
Right, I confused the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 that is coming out.
Got Cha..
It looks like Samsung is going to have 3 distinctive lines... Tab Series.. Tab Pro Series.. and the Note Series of tablets..
I'm sure there will be an updated Note 8.0 version at some point in 2014.. given how popular the 2012 Note 8.0 was there is bound to be an updated version.

But I have to admit.. if that V700 is indeed a 10" slate with full 2K resolution, Snapdragon 801/805 @ 2.5 or > and priced @ $449 - $499.99 and has a sleek bezel design.. it's going to be tempting to me..

nightanole
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Look Their should be only 2 tablets in this world for any manufacture, one you can hold in 1 hand and another model that needs 2 hands. Anything else is just noise and will be discontinued. Why samsung has like 12 models in the $250-500 range ill never know.

My wish list for the next gpad is same rez, brighter/better screen, a portrait/landscape kickstand, and a back not made of butter.

Subtleone
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
Look Their should be only 2 tablets in this world for any manufacture, one you can hold in 1 hand and another model that needs 2 hands. Anything else is just noise and will be discontinued. Why samsung has like 12 models in the $250-500 range ill never know.

My wish list for the next gpad is same rez, brighter/better screen, a portrait/landscape kickstand, and a back not made of butter.
Back made of butter? As to kickstand, a case is your friend. Not sure about portrait, but mine supports landscape just fine.

If Samsung has that many models, then clearly they have a market for them, so bully for them. It is funny that they do not have any that can compete with the LG in price/performance (current price $200-250 of course).
Phone - LG G2

Tablet - LG G Pad 8.3

winn75
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Does a custom ROM helps the battery life on this tablet?

RaiderWill
Old
(Last edited by RaiderWill; 29th April 2014 at 08:11 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 248
Thread Closed By OP.