Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,619 Members 46,847 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Fastforwarding by sliding the progress bar on Xbox Music request

Tip us?

46and02
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Fastforwarding by sliding the progress bar on Xbox Music request

Please refer to the following link and Vote to this Feature.
Thanx every Body.(I'm New here, so add "w" before the first character below)

ww.xboxmusic.uservoice.com/forums/209733-xbox-music-suggestion-box/suggestions/4202004-fastforwarding-by-sliding-the-progress-bar

byobge
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46and02 View Post
Please refer to the following link and Vote to this Feature.
Thanx every Body.(I'm New here, so add "w" before the first character below)

ww.xboxmusic.uservoice.com/forums/209733-xbox-music-suggestion-box/suggestions/4202004-fastforwarding-by-sliding-the-progress-bar
I don't mean to disrespect the request at all - it's currently the most-requested feature on that uservoice page, so clearly you're not alone in wanting it, and I'm all about the Will of the People.

But can I ask why? I get why it's important in hour-long podcast episodes (and I just noticed this morning that the 8.1 podcast app implements it, which is nice), but I've never felt the need to skip forward within a song I was listening to. Skip to the next song? Sure, all the time - but I've never thought, "Ugh, this verse is boring, the next one's WAY better, ARGH."

Obviously, I'm being facetious - but seriously, I'm completely missing the point of the request.

skylr616
Old
(Last edited by skylr616; 26th April 2014 at 12:11 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by byobge View Post
I don't mean to disrespect the request at all - it's currently the most-requested feature on that uservoice page, so clearly you're not alone in wanting it, and I'm all about the Will of the People.

But can I ask why? I get why it's important in hour-long podcast episodes (and I just noticed this morning that the 8.1 podcast app implements it, which is nice), but I've never felt the need to skip forward within a song I was listening to. Skip to the next song? Sure, all the time - but I've never thought, "Ugh, this verse is boring, the next one's WAY better, ARGH."

Obviously, I'm being facetious - but seriously, I'm completely missing the point of the request.
There was a time when there were no decent apps for playing back Audiobooks so that was ONE reason why a seek bar (and maybe bookmarking?!) would have been hugely helpful. There still aren't any that are as simple as drag-dropping the audio files (you have to use RSS or transfer the files from OneDrive). I can imagine listening to recorded lectures, for example, would pose a similar problem.

Pretty much any situation in which you find yourself dealing with relatively large/long audio files.

mcosmin222
Old
Thanks Meter 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylr616 View Post
There was a time when there were no decent apps for playing back Audiobooks so that was ONE reason why a seek bar (and maybe bookmarking?!) would have been hugely helpful. There still aren't any that are as simple as drag-dropping the audio files (you have to use RSS or transfer the files from OneDrive). I can imagine listening to recorded lectures, for example, would pose a similar problem.

Pretty much any situation in which you find yourself dealing with relatively large/long audio files.
Coming soon...