MusicBoss Alternative?

26th April 2014, 11:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag North London
Thanks Meter: 67

842 posts
Hi guys

Currently have a pebble, and I have been interested in the Gears for a while, however I can't seem to find out if it can control all music apps with metadata much in the same way MusicBoss does on the pebble?

It existing on the Gear would result in an insta-buy for me. You can even switch the app you're controlling direct from the watch app.

http://www.rebootsramblings.ca/n/musicbossforpebble/
26th April 2014, 12:38 PM   |  #2  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 35

137 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fade2black101

Hi guys

Currently have a pebble, and I have been interested in the Gears for a while, however I can't seem to find out if it can control all music apps with metadata much in the same way MusicBoss does on the pebble?

It existing on the Gear would result in an insta-buy for me. You can even switch the app you're controlling direct from the watch app.

http://www.rebootsramblings.ca/n/musicbossforpebble/

I am currently running on a non sammy version of the gear but I'm pretty sure it comes with a "Music Control" app just for the stock music player. Besides that, apps are still being developed considering it hasn't been out for even a month.
26th April 2014, 12:42 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag North London
Thanks Meter: 67

842 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonWyre

I am currently running on a non sammy version of the gear but I'm pretty sure it comes with a "Music Control" app just for the stock music player. Besides that, apps are still being developed considering it hasn't been out for even a month.

Thanks for the reply, but the music control it currently offers is pretty dire in comparison to musicboss. I will probably wait and see how future development goes, also taking into account the new Android Wear devices may change the landscape somewhat going forward.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread