How to root Asus Padfone Mini 7?

Search This thread

rafael_mfr

Jul 14, 2011
Recife
Try Framaroot, maybe this oneclick tool works for you. You can find it here on xda.

Sent from my PadFone 2 using Tapatalk

djfred

Apr 23, 2007
Try Framaroot, maybe this oneclick tool works for you. You can find it here on xda.

Sent from my PadFone 2 using Tapatalk

didn't work either :(

Why this device doesn't root yet?! I mean this is xda forum! the best professional forum about these issues... how there isn't any method?!

lightlord

Apr 28, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Yeah, it is quite annoying, but would not try to mess with it without an expert advice.Hopefully someone gets it done.Please report here if some news.

Sent from my PadFone T00C using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: djfred

lightlord

Apr 28, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
They say it is the same phone as zenfone, there is root tool for zenfone on this forum, but checks the version and tells you it is for zenfone only.Now maybe if the dev has removed the check, i would try it.

oschyns

Sep 6, 2014
Rootkit from zenfone4

Hello

I've receive the new padfone mini last week (intel version 4").

During update (without rootkit !) to the official update Asus, i've softbrick the device.
They are no recovery mode in the droidboot menu (possible to edit in xml file ?)
Only the fastboot menu is ok (no the adb).
OEM unlock in not supported.

conclusion : brick and no CWM or TWRP recovery/boot available

Test with many files from Zenfone4, but signKey not good and i don't know how change key and rebuild the .img

i can't test this APK rootkit before bricking my device ... search over the asus-zenfone.com rootzenfone-144r-apk
may be compatible with Mini ?

Waiting feedback to test all solutions

lightlord

Apr 28, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
In snapdragon T00c version you can choose the rom update from sdcard, in stock recovery menu, i downgraded successfully from asus stock rom. Now if only someone has moded the rom to be rooted, then we would see the light :)

lightlord

Apr 28, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Just rooted with Kingo root app,everything works fine.(Padfone mini 4.3 T00C version)
Hey, great news. Just trying it myself, but it seems to go "downloading requisite dependency files, waiting for device, checking root status" in loop for some time now. Is there anything i have missed. Which version of rom do you have ? I have 10.14.6.61 latest. Thanks for any help.

FedefMGF

Oct 15, 2014
Hey, great news. Just trying it myself, but it seems to go "downloading requisite dependency files, waiting for device, checking root status" in loop for some time now. Is there anything i have missed. Which version of rom do you have ? I have 10.14.6.61 latest. Thanks for any help.

I've rooted and unrooted a bit for testing,so make sure to plug the phone without the station,don't update the firmware at the recent 10.14.6.65 only the .61 works,the weirdest part is that you have to try a bit of time,continue trying until it works if the phone reboots during the proces a good sign.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-17-10-41-40.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-17-10-41-40.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 323

lightlord

Apr 28, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I've rooted and unrooted a bit for testing,so make sure to plug the phone without the station,don't update the firmware at the recent 10.14.6.65 only the .61 works,the weirdest part is that you have to try a bit of time,continue trying until it works if the phone reboots during the proces a good sign.

10.14.6.65 ? There is no such firmware for t00c by asus, Can you post the Kingo success screenshot ?

Last edited:

FedefMGF

Oct 15, 2014
10.14.6.65 ? There is no such firmware for t00c by asus, Can you post the Kingo success screenshot ?

Done.
as you can see i'm on 10.14.6.61 but if i search for updates it find a new firmware(.65),i searched on the net for this fw but found nothing i also asked asus and i'm waiting for response.
if you need something else just ask

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-17-11-50-29.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-17-11-50-29.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 200
  • Screenshot_2014-10-17-11-51-30.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-17-11-51-30.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 172
  • Cattura.PNG
    Cattura.PNG
    113.4 KB · Views: 356
Reactions: Boss@xda

droidace

Apr 22, 2011
Toronto
Xiaomi 12
I've tried rooting on version (.65). Did not work. the application kept on looping between

downloading requisite dependency file
waiting for device
checking root status
waiting for device
checking root status
waiting for device
checking root status
waiting for device
checking root status

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 151

FedefMGF

Oct 15, 2014
I've tried rooting on version (.65). Did not work. the application kept on looping between

waiting for device
checking root status
waiting for device
checking root status
waiting for device
checking root status
waiting for device
checking root status

Try to downgrade to .61
Check if the device reboot during the root process

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just rooted with Kingo root app,everything works fine.(Padfone mini 4.3 T00C version)

waiting for device
    checking root status
    waiting for device
    checking root status
    waiting for device
    checking root status
    waiting for device
    checking root status

Try to downgrade to .61
    Check if the device reboot during the root process
    Xhay can you confirm you rooted ?
    Yes, I rooted 2 times.

Which version should I download the firmware to downgrade? And how do you restore the older firmware? If you do not ask too much, would be possible a step by step guideo to obtain root permissions of the device?:D;)

That is what I have done:

- First: I had firmware .65. Download firmware .61 ( asus.com/it/support/Download/29/1/0/5/32 ), put .rar in sd card, turn off, press power button with volume -, click on "download sd card", click upgrade external, search file, confirm. Open King root, enable debug usb, wait connection, follow instructions. The phone would reboot. Wait confirm (prntscr.com/54kxqy).

-Second: I had firmware .61. I reinstalled firmware, but root didn't work. I update to .65, downgrade to .61 (as first time) and root worked.

Is there no development on padfone mini root?

Anyone know how to root padfone mini?
    I'm desperately need to root this device.. Please can you guys make a official forum for it?
    Thank you