LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Tap2wake?

OP Random Username

26th April 2014, 11:28 AM   |  #11  
Flag Here =)
Thanks Meter: 2,440

7,361 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresbv2000

Until now Doomlord,Androguide Fr and Faux made custom kernels for Xperia Z1 with this feature implemented.Doomlord has no plans to support Xperia Z1 Compact,as he don`t own this device, Faux and Androguide Fr said nothing about supporting this phone.So...we have to wait until someone ports the kernels from Z1 or creates one for this one.I`m also a big fan of DT2W function.I can`t wait for this.

Munjeni is also building kernels but his response when asked about implementing it was...

Quote:
Originally Posted by munjeni

Sorry mate but our thread is related to the multiboot and not to the kernel things, you can open a new thread for your problem, sorry!

...so perhaps if a few more People made them aware this is a desired feature then they may change their mind.
26th April 2014, 11:51 AM   |  #12  
Flag Brasov
Thanks Meter: 239

623 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XperienceD

Munjeni is also building kernels but his response when asked about implementing it was...

...so perhaps if a few more People made them aware this is a desired feature then they may change their mind.

Many android phone users don't even know about the existence of this feature.Last week I have asked some developers if they can try to make a kernel with this feature for Xperia Z1 Compact but the answer was, in less words "NO". Too bad because it`s a very good phone and the similarity with Xperia Z1 is very very big.So the porting,for someone who knowshow to do it,shouldn`t be so difficult.
26th April 2014, 02:27 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 155

791 posts
Unfortunately developing for our phone does not exist comparing to other phones. I very unhappy about it but at least I hope Sony gives us double tap to wake feature.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
kitkat, tap2wake, xperia z1 compact
Previous Thread Next Thread