Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,023 Members 44,020 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Tap2wake?

Tip us?

XperienceD
Old
Thanks Meter 2351
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresbv2000 View Post
Until now Doomlord,Androguide Fr and Faux made custom kernels for Xperia Z1 with this feature implemented.Doomlord has no plans to support Xperia Z1 Compact,as he don`t own this device, Faux and Androguide Fr said nothing about supporting this phone.So...we have to wait until someone ports the kernels from Z1 or creates one for this one.I`m also a big fan of DT2W function.I can`t wait for this.
Munjeni is also building kernels but his response when asked about implementing it was...

Quote:
Originally Posted by munjeni View Post
Sorry mate but our thread is related to the multiboot and not to the kernel things, you can open a new thread for your problem, sorry!
...so perhaps if a few more People made them aware this is a desired feature then they may change their mind.

aresbv2000
Old
Thanks Meter 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by XperienceD View Post
Munjeni is also building kernels but his response when asked about implementing it was...

...so perhaps if a few more People made them aware this is a desired feature then they may change their mind.
Many android phone users don't even know about the existence of this feature.Last week I have asked some developers if they can try to make a kernel with this feature for Xperia Z1 Compact but the answer was, in less words "NO". Too bad because it`s a very good phone and the similarity with Xperia Z1 is very very big.So the porting,for someone who knowshow to do it,shouldn`t be so difficult.

sachilleas
Old
Thanks Meter 152
Unfortunately developing for our phone does not exist comparing to other phones. I very unhappy about it but at least I hope Sony gives us double tap to wake feature.
Tags
kitkat, tap2wake, xperia z1 compact