Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,442 Members 41,089 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to downgrade nvidia shield from 4.4.2 to 4.3?

Tip us?

hexitnow
Old
Thanks Meter 334

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJFresh82 View Post
I didn't say u had to use that SHield 1.0 method to root, I said only if your using that method. I know there are other methods to root. The point I was making is that once your rooted and bootloader unlocked. you can still use shield 1.0 to reflash the update 68 i beleive which is android 4.3.. out of the box state from gamestop.... It worked for me having the same latest kitkat OTA that you have......

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

It does seem like that.. but using SHIELD 1.0.. it worked for me, I'm back on 4.3 update 68 from NVIDIA. Using this mainly for emulators.. I'm sure there will be some type of fix in the near future for kitkat though, when it is, i will update mines back to that...
Ok thats good to know i used fastboot to flash the update 68 files.
and-roms.com
Nvidia Shield Root and More

KR-1:~ KRIEGER$ chown -R US ./base
chown: ./base: No such file or directory
KR-1:~ KRIEGER$ mkdir ./base
KR-1:~ KRIEGER$ chown -R US ./base
ownership changed

mudflap2.0
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Angry you are soo wrong, you arent briked

just set up the ghost drivers on your computer, get fastboot working, download kwonggers toolkit, follow the instructions on screen of your computer to set your shield back to 4.2.2 because the toolkit hasn't been updated and everthing shield is almost as dead as the ouya or worse, so I might just sell the shield from the lack of audience and support and get a bloody snapdragon 801 phone, if NVidia wants to keep this relevant, they need to work with the developer community more, unless shield will die, I have made my choice, now what's yours?

DJFresh82
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexitnow View Post
Ok thats good to know i used fastboot to flash the update 68 files.
That's Awesome.....

rushless
Old
Thanks Meter 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudflap2.0 View Post
just set up the ghost drivers on your computer, get fastboot working, download kwonggers toolkit, follow the instructions on screen of your computer to set your shield back to 4.2.2 because the toolkit hasn't been updated and everthing shield is almost as dead as the ouya or worse, so I might just sell the shield from the lack of audience and support and get a bloody snapdragon 801 phone, if NVidia wants to keep this relevant, they need to work with the developer community more, unless shield will die, I have made my choice, now what's yours?
I just got the Shield mainly for emulators, so will stick with 4.22 since that is what the device had out of box. Works great and no need to root or any other hassle for the intended use.