Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,673 Members 41,125 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

G2, how good are the CM ROMs here?

Tip us?

mgolder
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by player911 View Post
With KK sources released, we should have stable builds.

Although honestly I am loving stock 4.4.2 + root + xposed. I've never used a stock rom longer then a week before. Been running stock since November. Simply amazing.

sent from my Verizon G2
Agreed. Well, Stock + Root + Xposed + Nova Prime + Simple Kernel (underclocked to 1.728ghz) and a lot of bloat frozen/deleted is about as perfect as I have had the phone running. Battery life is excellent for me (40-45 hours with 5% battery left. 60% permanent screen brightness. 5-7 hours screen on time).

taekwondo16
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default G2 3000mah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvecio View Post
Thanks for the interesting replies!
Stock KK is tempting me but when i tried i figured that i don't like so much the LG interface
do check out the g2 dev forums for the available roms. personally i'm using mahdi rom and ehndroix before that. They are both SUPERB imo.

if battery life's what you're concerned about, for myself the roms average drains around from 100 percent to 70 percent in average of 12hours? (as i'm a light user).

in comparison to nexus 5 and htc, i'm almost definite that the battery capacity on g2 outclasses them both. so battery wise, g2 is good choice. Since my purchase of the phone in november, the dev for roms has been increasing steadily.

G2's definitely worth a consideration

ephumuris
Old
Thanks Meter 469
Omni ROM is great for me obviously it's not CM but its got loads of options and is stable as can be really. Just had to change the low memory killer to medium with kernel tweaker but otherwise running as provided.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
Very hungry. I want Gingerbread.

Join GiffGaff and earn Payback yourself. The mobile network run by YOU.

beppez82
Old
(Last edited by beppez82; 26th April 2014 at 12:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ephumuris View Post
Omni ROM is great for me obviously it's not CM but its got loads of options and is stable as can be really. Just had to change the low memory killer to medium with kernel tweaker but otherwise running as provided.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
How much did you used it? Because on every aosp i have installed i got allways reboot problems... Now I'm on stock modded lighting rom is fast like aosp and i have call record also on bluetooth, something that on aosp is missed. But i have to say that those kk stock rom from lg are bugged because you can't disable obexmaptransaction (the bluetooth sms sharing thing) and it drian more battery than JB when paired in car. I use the phone for work so if i have to say wich is the best atm for me is stock JB but KK is lot more snappier, so i'm using this, because i have read somewhere that LG is going to push an OTA to fix those small issue.
Another problem on stock is that when you have to save a contact by default the phone use internal memory and not the Google account, so every time i have to select my account. I hate this because you cant edit wich accounts have to be the default one.

Sorry for my english, i hope to have given an idea based on my personal experience with the roms out there for the D802.
The aosp I have tried past 3 days are: Slimkat, Paranoid and Mahdi both unstable for my use for the frequent reboots...

Inviato dal mio LG-D802 utilizzando Tapatalk
If you have found this post helpful please hit the Thanks button.

Elvecio
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by beppez82 View Post
How much did you used it? Because on every aosp i have installed i got allways reboot problems...
Yeah, on the Note2 side of the forum there's a bunch of users that say "this nightly is perfect, this custom ROM is amazing" but in fact none of them are perfectly fine for random reasons (camera issues, BT issues, battery issues and so on). I hope that on the LG G2 side there's a different situation, thank to the Qualcomm CPU that i think is better for development.
Italian User

My phones in the years: Nokia n73 > iPhone 4 > Galaxy Note 2 > ?!?!? (LG G2 or OnePlus One)

reas0n
Old
(Last edited by reas0n; 26th April 2014 at 02:11 PM.)
Thanks Meter 464
AOSP ROMs are really good for me on my D802. Now on latest Mahdi Rom with merged 4.4 sources I have 4h screen-on-time with 59% battery left, I unplugged the phone 21h ago. I have 'only 2G' setting and I used a lot of WiFi (Dolphin, FB Messenger, Youtube...)
Generally the ROMs will get really stable on days/weeks, because of LG 4.4 sources.
LG G2 (D802)
oh God, what ROM haven't I flashed yet...

Elvecio
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by reas0n View Post
AOSP ROMs are really good for me on my D802. Now on latest Mahdi Rom with merged 4.4 sources I have 4h screen-on-time with 59% battery left, I unplugged the phone 21h ago. I have 'only 2G' setting and I used a lot of WiFi (Dolphin, FB Messenger, Youtube...)
What? You browse the web on 2G network?
Italian User

My phones in the years: Nokia n73 > iPhone 4 > Galaxy Note 2 > ?!?!? (LG G2 or OnePlus One)

kapybarus
Old
Thanks Meter 38
No matter how hard I tried, I couldnt get same battery life (with same usage) with any aosp roms. Stock had always btter battery for me.

reas0n
Old
(Last edited by reas0n; 26th April 2014 at 02:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvecio View Post
What? You browse the web on 2G network?
nooope! I mean to SMS/calling, I said I used a lot of WiFi lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapybarus View Post
No matter how hard I tried, I couldnt get same battery life (with same usage) with any aosp roms. Stock had always btter battery for me.
Just activate ART The thing is to flash proper Gapps and generally to flash the ROM properly, for me ART is always stable and it gives profits in battery life and smoothness.
LG G2 (D802)
oh God, what ROM haven't I flashed yet...