Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,179 Members 41,751 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Poor UI response or stray capacitance?

Tip us?

codifies
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Poor UI response or stray capacitance?

I've very occasionally had intermittent problems with responsiveness which I've being trying to track down for a while ...

At first I thought it might be a thread choking the CPU but often while experiencing UI difficulties there was barely enough activity to keep a CPU activity widget moving.

By luck one day I was using the tablet in bed resting on the duvet and the problem occurred, it continued to the point of not being able to unlock even after a reboot and a power cycle...

Thinking the tablet was broke I picked it up and it started working put it back on the duvet and it began misbehaving again.

While its very difficult to replicate placing the tablet on the duvet without holding will often cause the problem - which can some times happen when you are holding it, the "fix" seems to be holding the tablet in one hand touching back and sides...

I must try earthing myself when it happens again....

mha93
Old
Thanks Meter 28
It happened to me too. I was unable to unlock my N7 because the touch screen would lose 'contact' with my fingers while I was unlocking it. There's another thread about this too somewhere around here. Oddly enough though, the problem either stopped showing or was solved after reflashing my ROM and flashing another kernel.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app