Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,383 Members 51,039 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unroot Galaxy Note II, Android 4.3

Tip us?

manuel1992
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Service Unroot Galaxy Note II, Android 4.3

So I have rooted Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 and I learned that I can' t update my firmware through OTA update it says "Your device has been modifies yada yada yada" So I searched on internet how to unroot and it says first use flash counter TriangleAway and then full unroot from SuperSu option.
I read that TriangleAway will possibly brick my phone so to be sure I predicted the future with a Magic 8 Ball and received the answer "Yes Definitely". Lol
So I am asking should I really need to use TriangleAway in order to update through OTA? Can't I just full unroot and do the OTA without using TriangleAway?
I know that it will appear the yellow triangle but I think after the update it will go away.
Thank you

gencho81
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by manuel1992 View Post
So I have rooted Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 and I learned that I can' t update my firmware through OTA update it says "Your device has been modifies yada yada yada" So I searched on internet how to unroot and it says first use flash counter TriangleAway and then full unroot from SuperSu option.
I read that TriangleAway will possibly brick my phone so to be sure I predicted the future with a Magic 8 Ball and received the answer "Yes Definitely". Lol
So I am asking should I really need to use TriangleAway in order to update through OTA? Can't I just full unroot and do the OTA without using TriangleAway?
I know that it will appear the yellow triangle but I think after the update it will go away.
Thank you
Before 1 day i unroot my N7100 using TriangleAway 3.1 . This is not the first time i do this . I was as well on 4.3 rooted with custom rom end recovery.
So don't be afraid - Use TriangleAway3.1 to reset the counter,but after it finish don't let the phone reboot normaly.It will ask you to reboot normal or in download mode.Your choice is Download mode and flash immediately stock 4.3 and you are done.After flash wipe data/factory reset and that's it.
The Following User Says Thank You to gencho81 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

manuel1992
Old
(Last edited by manuel1992; 26th April 2014 at 02:50 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by gencho81 View Post
Before 1 day i unroot my N7100 using TriangleAway 3.1 . This is not the first time i do this . I was as well on 4.3 rooted with custom rom end recovery.
So don't be afraid - Use TriangleAway3.1 to reset the counter,but after it finish don't let the phone reboot normaly.It will ask you to reboot normal or in download mode.Your choice is Download mode and flash immediately stock 4.3 and you are done.After flash wipe data/factory reset and that's it.
What does it mean "flash immediately stock 4.3"? So should I use odin after TriangleAway? Where to find v3.1 on play store is only v3.26?

asem.arafa
Old
Thanks Meter 7
you dont need to unr0ot just to reset the fash counter
as long as you have stock recovery , using triangleaway will reset the counter and the option for OTA will be available again

if you dont want to use triangleaway you can always download the rom from sammobile and flash via odin

manuel1992
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by asem.arafa View Post
you dont need to unr0ot just to reset the fash counter
as long as you have stock recovery , using triangleaway will reset the counter and the option for OTA will be available again

if you dont want to use triangleaway you can always download the rom from sammobile and flash via odin

What is stock recovery? I have not installed CWM OR TWRP.
If I use odin will the phone be normal? I mean it will remove root?