Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,865 Members 43,835 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

problem with mahdi 2.5

Tip us?

lavanaviv
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default problem with mahdi 2.5

i have lg g2 rooted and with twrp 2.7.0.0
i put the rom on my device and the rom is amazing i realy liked him but after i put some apllication is getting all crazy and start to pop massege like "we sorry the procses _____ is stoped" and when it happend i cant do a thing with my phone even if i restart him and the massege is not appear is acting crazy and i cant used him...i tried to wipe fartory reset and it works up to five miniutes and happend again

thank you..

Preggy
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavanaviv View Post
i put the rom on my device and the rom is amazing i realy liked him but after i put some apllication is getting all crazy and start to pop massege like "we sorry the procses _____ is stoped" and when it happend i cant do a thing with my phone even if i restart him and the massege is not appear is acting crazy and i cant used him...i tried to wipe fartory reset and it works up to five miniutes and happend again

thank you..
After the Factory reset (wipe data/cache/dalvik-cache) did you restore any application data (via Titanium Backup or similar)?
If not I would suggest a full wipe (format system, data, cache, dalvik-cache) and complete reflash.

Also, double check on how to correctly install mahdi 2.5:

- (Backup)
- Full wipe (including system)
- Flash the ROM-zip
- Flash your device specific patch
- Flash GApps
- Flash SuperSU if needed

Also, the original LG G2 Mahdi-Thread sais to not restore any system-app-data after install (that can lead to Force closing system apps)
If your device runs as it should at this point, you can try restoring the apps and app-data you need (best would be one by one so in case you run into issues you know what causes them).

Assuming your device is not broken Mahdi 2.5 should run pretty much flawlessly (I have not run into trouble yet and I've been running the 04/14 release with the device-patch v2 on my D802 since it came out :P)
The Following User Says Thank You to Preggy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Art Vanderlay
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:

thank you..
Try to pinpoint which apps doing it. Mahdi's pretty stable for a custom rom I rarely get FC's on it. Or try flashing again, rom - patch - gapps and modem if coming from jellybean.
The Following User Says Thank You to Art Vanderlay For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lavanaviv
Old
(Last edited by lavanaviv; 26th April 2014 at 11:11 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preggy View Post
After the Factory reset (wipe data/cache/dalvik-cache) did you restore any application data (via Titanium Backup or similar)?
If not I would suggest a full wipe (format system, data, cache, dalvik-cache) and complete reflash.

Also, double check on how to correctly install mahdi 2.5:

- (Backup)
- Full wipe (including system)
- Flash the ROM-zip
- Flash your device specific patch
- Flash GApps
- Flash SuperSU if needed

Also, the original LG G2 Mahdi-Thread sais to not restore any system-app-data after install (that can lead to Force closing system apps)
If your device runs as it should at this point, you can try restoring the apps and app-data you need (best would be one by one so in case you run into issues you know what causes them).

Assuming your device is not broken Mahdi 2.5 should run pretty much flawlessly (I have not run into trouble yet and I've been running the 04/14 release with the device-patch v2 on my D802 since it came out :P)
What is the couse of doing the full wipe like you said? And i dont use back up at all i just flash the all 4 things like he said and reboot...After that the phone is automaticly started to download all my apllication from the previous version...Now when im tryng to remember all the problems start after i download app called "wifix"...You think it could be the problem?

Thanks!

Preggy
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
What is the couse of doing the full wipe like you said? And i dont use back up at all i just flash the all 4 things like he said and reboot...After that the phone is automaticly started to download all my apllication from the previous version...Now when im tryng to remember all the problems start after i download app called "wifix"...You think it could be the problem?

Thanks!
Well, doing a full wipe and running the rom with the bare minimum from the install procedure (no user apps) would confirm/deny that the ROM itself runs well and the install is good; that would mean one potential sourde of problems is ruled out.
Assuming you didn't mess around with the system partition that would then mean the cause of the problem lies within your installed user apps (or their corresponding app-data). Of course if you already have a suspicion as to what apps may cause the problem I would suggest you clear their data via the app manager and/or uninstall them to see if that helps.
I'm not sure what that app does, if it is supposed to fix wifi problems then I'd say you probably won't need it on mahdi anyway, and yes I'd say that could very well be what causes your issues...
Also you may prevent the automatic installation of apps by either not singing into your Google-account on initial setup or (maybe, haven't tried that though) by specifying to not backup / or restore your user data during initial setup.

lavanaviv
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Well, doing a full wipe and running the rom with the bare minimum from the install procedure (no user apps) would confirm/deny that the ROM itself runs well and the install is good; that would mean one potential sourde of problems is ruled out.
Assuming you didn't mess around with the system partition that would then mean the cause of the problem lies within your installed user apps (or their corresponding app-data). Of course if you already have a suspicion as to what apps may cause the problem I would suggest you clear their data via the app manager and/or uninstall them to see if that helps.
I'm not sure what that app does, if it is supposed to fix wifi problems then I'd say you probably won't need it on mahdi anyway, and yes I'd say that could very well be what causes your issues...
Also you may prevent the automatic installation of apps by either not singing into your Google-account on initial setup or (maybe, haven't tried that though) by specifying to not backup / or restore your user data during initial setup.
i did the full wipe and now when im trying to reboot he told me that my device is not rooted and stuck ob the lg logo

Preggy
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
i did the full wipe and now when im trying to reboot he told me that my device is not rooted and stuck ob the lg logo
But you did install the rom after the full wipe and you have and can still access TWRP?

lavanaviv
Old
(Last edited by lavanaviv; 26th April 2014 at 01:28 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
But you did install the rom after the full wipe and you have and can still access TWRP?
yes..
after i flash again the rom there was another problem, after the reboot and the lg logo apeared on the up left side of the screen this:
[640 ] started Fastboot Mode
[ 690] udc start ()

but i did full restore bucause its freak me out i thought my device is gone

and now i dont know if i am rooted or not...its confusing

oh god its happend again...after i did the restore and all i flash again the the rom with the pach an all the thing and it apear again 2 masseges
now its:
650 fastboot mode started
700 usd start()

Preggy
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
yes..
after i flash again the rom there was another problem, after the reboot and the lg logo apeared on the up left side of the screen this:
[640 ] started Fastboot Mode
[ 690] udc start ()

but i did full restore bucause its freak me out i thought my device is gone

and now i dont know if i am rooted or not...its confusing

oh god its happend again...after i did the restore and all i flash again the the rom with the pach an all the thing and it apear again 2 masseges
now its:
650 fastboot mode started
700 usd start()
Ok At this point I no longer really feel comfortable giving you tips as I personally never messed with the whole bootstack/fastboot stuff on my G2, did you by any chance flash any bootstack related stuff?
Anyway I would probably look for a way to restore everything to stock and start afresh...
maybe this helps? HOW TO get back to stock when your phone stuck in fastboot mode
Or maybe if you have connectivity from the PC in fastboot mode you can flash a 4.2.2 KDZ directly to revert everything to stock...

bachera
Old
Thanks Meter 336
flash patch again, make sure its right one, for your phone and for the version of mahdi, 23th build and below version2, beta builds version 3 and up