Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,098 Members 46,076 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Alarm when phone is off

Tip us?

AAbounegm
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
Service [Q] Alarm when phone is off

Hello everyone,
I was just asking if there is a way to make the alarm ring even when the phone is completely turned off. I had a problem with my phone that it couldn't charge when it was turned on, and I found out that it was the socket's problem. I got it fixed. But during this time, I had to use a very old Nokia as an alarm. Is there any way to make the alarm ring even when the phone is off?
I read a few similar threads, and some said no. But aren't there apps that schedule automatic power on and off? Some phones actually have this built-in. Is there an alarm clock app that has the feature to power the phone on and ring?

I have a rooted Samsung Galaxy SII (i9100G) with CM11.
Thank You in advance!

_dsouza_
Old
Thanks Meter 16
As far as I know the alarm of all smartphones does not work if the phone is off.

This is something that works only with basic phones ("feature phones"). This is likely due to the fact that smarphones have to boot a full OS in order to handle such tasks, which requires the phones to have the OS running in order to have alarms working.

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 460

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by _dsouza_ View Post
As far as I know the alarm of all smartphones does not work if the phone is off.

This is something that works only with basic phones ("feature phones"). This is likely due to the fact that smarphones have to boot a full OS in order to handle such tasks, which requires the phones to have the OS running in order to have alarms working.
Nah, some phones have it built in like that. First time I had that was from a little crappy Huawei Mercury. Was so confused. It happened like 2 or 3 days in a row before I realized what was going on and that I was not in fact, crazy (in that instance).

Or this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...re.nomoarpowah works on older Samsung phones that can auto turn on the phone at a custom time (before alarm).

Maybe something with Tasker and custom profiles could be done...?
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ? (One+1 maybe...)

AAbounegm
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by _dsouza_ View Post
I have seen in the HTC One thread that its alarm can ring even when it is powered off completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s View Post
Or this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...re.nomoarpowah works on older Samsung phones that can auto turn on the phone at a custom time (before alarm).

Maybe something with Tasker and custom profiles could be done...?
Thank you so much, I am definitely gonna try this app. And I have Tasker, but I don't know how to use it. So, can you please tell me how to do it with Tasker or custom profile?

zelendel
Old
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Thanks Meter 10820

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAbounegm View Post
I have seen in the HTC One thread that its alarm can ring even when it is powered off completely.
Not that i am aware of. The old feature phones were able to do this because they were never completely off unless there was no battery. Where smartphones shut completely down so nothing is running.

Bat cave One

If hard work pays off then easy work is worthless
SearchFu
Never Ask someone to do something your not willing to at least try to do yourself.
"Gotham is the work of a madman"- NunHugger Current Nexus 5-12 Nightly