Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,951 Members 53,030 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC One M7

Tip us?

JSDragon
Old
(Last edited by JSDragon; 26th April 2014 at 03:32 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default HTC One M7

I have gotten my phone rooted with weak sauce

I have used firewater to unlock and s-off

Now I am at the part for flashing a custom recovery.....I know what to do my problem is when I type out the adb devices command nothing is listed so I can not flash the custom recovery to the phone.........I have read online a lot and understand the problem I just do not know how to get my device to show up so that I may flash the custom recovery any help would be greatly appreciated thank you for your time...

My issue is that now when I try to flash a custom recovery to my phone.....I keep getting the target max download size error but then it says no errors found?

Ok now I am really confused typing out...............fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.7.0.0-m7 some how did not work and gave me the error above...........yet when i typed out just fastboot flash recovery and clicked and dragged the twrp file it wrote the file perfectly without any problems....I am not complaining just very curious to know why the first method did not work but the second method did work?

eman7131
Old
Thanks Meter 2
well if you are trying to adb devices while in fastboot mode that wont work. You dont need to get the device to show up before performing any operations, its just recommended. I can't see why fastboot flash recovery recovery.img won't work if you're s-off and as long as you have space on your phone

JSDragon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
yeah that is what i do not get.....typing out the flash recovery command did not work it gave me the target download no errors found.............yet clicking and dragging the file into the command prompt worked perfectly no issues at all made me feel really stupid....

dagrx8
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I had similar frustrations with it - and just eventually bulled my way through it. I don't remember all the different things I did (such as moving to a very short directory tree (c:\img) and renaming the file to a dos 8.3 name). I don't even remember what I did to get it to work eventually, but I got it to work.