Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,147 Members 48,540 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Charging

Tip us?
 
taiowa72
Old
#1  
taiowa72's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 26
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: texas
Default [Q] Charging

I have noticed that when I charge my Galaxy S4 version 4.4.2 overnight, when I wake up the LCD screen is black and the only two buttons when pushed are the menu and back button. I have to take the battery out for a few seconds and restart before it will function correctly again. When I call ATT technical support the only thing they suggest is to master reset ALL THE TIME and of course that's getting annoying. I've been noticing this ever since the last update. Is there a fix anyone or any settings I should fix or change?
 
LotoTutu
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 132
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by taiowa72 View Post
I have noticed that when I charge my Galaxy S4 version 4.4.2 overnight, when I wake up the LCD screen is black and the only two buttons when pushed are the menu and back button. I have to take the battery out for a few seconds and restart before it will function correctly again. When I call ATT technical support the only thing they suggest is to master reset ALL THE TIME and of course that's getting annoying. I've been noticing this ever since the last update. Is there a fix anyone or any settings I should fix or change?
The original file may be lost when you update your phone.
It is hard to go back the old the version. You can ask the repair store near you to root it. Or you can wait for a more advanced version to update your phone again.

Another possible is that the LCD screen was broken during update the version.
 
taiowa72
Old
#3  
taiowa72's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 26
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: texas
Default Response to your response

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotoTutu View Post
The original file may be lost when you update your phone.
It is hard to go back the old the version. You can ask the repair store near you to root it. Or you can wait for a more advanced version to update your phone again.

Another possible is that the LCD screen was broken during update the version.
I wish I could root but I'm terrified to. I've download all the software and prepare myself for it, but then I chicken out for fear of bricking my phone for I just upgraded to the galaxy s4 6 months ago. Thank you for your response, I will consider everything else you suggested though.
 
11calcal
Old
#4  
11calcal's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 185
Posts: 983
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Liverpool
Quote:
Originally Posted by taiowa72 View Post
I wish I could root but I'm terrified to. I've download all the software and prepare myself for it, but then I chicken out for fear of bricking my phone for I just upgraded to the galaxy s4 6 months ago. Thank you for your response, I will consider everything else you suggested though.
I would suggest rooting & installing a custom rom as far as I can see you are left with a useless phone & you can't brick it if you follow the instructions set out in threads ? Seriously it's almost impossible to brick even if you make a mistake ?
Otherwise I would suggest contacting tech support & demand a replacement/solution to the problem as it only happened after your last update?
A thank you takes nothing at all yet can mean so much
Tags
battery, charging, lcd screen
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes