Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,386 Members 38,559 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Accidentally Hard Bricked an S3

Tip us?

purelight97
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Accidentally Hard Bricked an S3

I was updating an s3 running cyanogenmod 10.2.1 to 11. I realized that the bootloader needed to be updated long story short i accidentally flashed the i9300 bootloader instead and now my phone is hard bricked. I heard about a method using the sd card to allow the phone to enter boot recovery so i could get into download mode could someone help me to do this?

brianray14
Old
Thanks Meter 104
The only fix that I personally know of is using a jtag service. If there is an sd card fix floating around out there, you'll need to search for it. If you fail, mobiletechvideos.com can help. Expect a week to 10 day turn around time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________
Gunmetal Silver HTC ONE M8 AT&T - UNLOCKED S-OFF
ROM : STOCK 4.4.2
Hboot : 3.16.0.0000
Radio : 1.16.21331931.LA11G
Recovery : TWRP Touch Recovery v2.7.0.2
Kernel : STOCK
MOD : Sense 6 Toolbox
The Following User Says Thank You to brianray14 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Larry2999
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by purelight97 View Post
I was updating an s3 running cyanogenmod 10.2.1 to 11. I realized that the bootloader needed to be updated long story short i accidentally flashed the i9300 bootloader instead and now my phone is hard bricked. I heard about a method using the sd card to allow the phone to enter boot recovery so i could get into download mode could someone help me to do this?
You are probably referring to the method posted in the thread below ....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2549068

You have nothing to lose in giving it a try. Doubtful if it will work, however, since it is specifically for recovering from a brick caused by flashing an older bootloader after 4.3 upgrade. As BrianRay advised, when you have a brick caused by flashing a different model's bootloader, a JTag operation may be required.

purelight97
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry2999 View Post
You are probably referring to the method posted in the thread below ....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2549068

You have nothing to lose in giving it a try. Doubtful if it will work, however, since it is specifically for recovering from a brick caused by flashing an older bootloader after 4.3 upgrade. As BrianRay advised, when you have a brick caused by flashing a different model's bootloader, a JTag operation may be required.
Thanks, you wouldn't happen to have a 4.1.2 debrick.img?

Larry2999
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by purelight97 View Post
Thanks, you wouldn't happen to have a 4.1.2 debrick.img?
Sadly, no, I don't. You could create one, however, if you know someone who has a similar device running 4.1.2. If you need further instructions on how to do this, you would need to contact the author of the original post. He is the expert there. A JTag may still be your best option, however.

1sparky
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Hey, try to get the phone into a download mode by using at USB jig. You can buy one for 3 bucks from ebay. If that doesnt do it, then you can go to the method of using the debrick image.

Once you exhaust all of these possibilities, then you can try the JTAG. But the Jtag service is expensive too. Good luck.