FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

[Q] Accidentally Hard Bricked an S3

21 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By purelight97, Junior Member on 25th April 2014, 03:57 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I was updating an s3 running cyanogenmod 10.2.1 to 11. I realized that the bootloader needed to be updated long story short i accidentally flashed the i9300 bootloader instead and now my phone is hard bricked. I heard about a method using the sd card to allow the phone to enter boot recovery so i could get into download mode could someone help me to do this?
 
 
25th April 2014, 04:16 AM |#2  
brianray14's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bradenton
Thanks Meter: 158
 
More
The only fix that I personally know of is using a jtag service. If there is an sd card fix floating around out there, you'll need to search for it. If you fail, mobiletechvideos.com can help. Expect a week to 10 day turn around time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to brianray14 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2014, 01:57 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by purelight97

I was updating an s3 running cyanogenmod 10.2.1 to 11. I realized that the bootloader needed to be updated long story short i accidentally flashed the i9300 bootloader instead and now my phone is hard bricked. I heard about a method using the sd card to allow the phone to enter boot recovery so i could get into download mode could someone help me to do this?

You are probably referring to the method posted in the thread below ....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2549068

You have nothing to lose in giving it a try. Doubtful if it will work, however, since it is specifically for recovering from a brick caused by flashing an older bootloader after 4.3 upgrade. As BrianRay advised, when you have a brick caused by flashing a different model's bootloader, a JTag operation may be required.
25th April 2014, 02:52 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry2999

You are probably referring to the method posted in the thread below ....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2549068

You have nothing to lose in giving it a try. Doubtful if it will work, however, since it is specifically for recovering from a brick caused by flashing an older bootloader after 4.3 upgrade. As BrianRay advised, when you have a brick caused by flashing a different model's bootloader, a JTag operation may be required.

Thanks, you wouldn't happen to have a 4.1.2 debrick.img?
25th April 2014, 10:58 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by purelight97

Thanks, you wouldn't happen to have a 4.1.2 debrick.img?

Sadly, no, I don't. You could create one, however, if you know someone who has a similar device running 4.1.2. If you need further instructions on how to do this, you would need to contact the author of the original post. He is the expert there. A JTag may still be your best option, however.
26th April 2014, 04:52 PM |#6  
Member
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Hey, try to get the phone into a download mode by using at USB jig. You can buy one for 3 bucks from ebay. If that doesnt do it, then you can go to the method of using the debrick image.

Once you exhaust all of these possibilities, then you can try the JTAG. But the Jtag service is expensive too. Good luck.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes