Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,020 Members 54,071 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[4.4/4.4.x][PATCH] Qualcomm-optimized Dalvik & Bionic libraries

Tip us?

DracoPiece
Old
Thanks Meter 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarfsan View Post
Most ROM posts say that somewhere.
But heres a list of some AOSP based ROMs and ROM bases:
CM/CyanogenMod based ROMS
PA/ParanoidAndroid based ROMS
AOKP/Android Open Kang Project based ROMS
P.A.C/PA+AOKP+CM
OmniROM
MoKee

And others that I don't remember right now.

All of the ROMs in G2 Original Android Development I think are AOSP based. But beware. You will get boot loops with this patch in some of them. I can't remember which though.
hey thanks for the guide this helps me
Current Device:
- LG G2 (F320L)

The Following User Says Thank You to DracoPiece For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

superbonto
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by somboons View Post
sorry.not for stock rom. please read original thread before
at the very least you could put [AOSP] on the thread title.

because stock based is also on 4.4.x.
The Following User Says Thank You to superbonto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FAFE ANDROID
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Default lg g2 802 20c

What a mess here!... is this mod good, can i use in my Lg g2 whith rom 802 20c 32gb?
Thanks

superbonto
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAFE ANDROID View Post
What a mess here!... is this mod good, can i use in my Lg g2 whith rom 802 20c 32gb?
Thanks
see post #10 for your answer
The Following User Says Thank You to superbonto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fishman0919
Old
Thanks Meter 1,015
I have tried and tested that both the Qualcomm-optimized Dalvik & Bionic libraries (4.4_qc-optimized_dalvik-cm11 and 4.4_qc-optimized_bionic) work and boot on a fresh installs of cm-11-20140425-NIGHTLY-d801, pac_d801-nightly-20140425 and omni-4.4.2-20140419-d801-NIGHTLY.

As to if it helps or not... I don't... maybe?

I know the Org thread said that the Bionic libs were not needed for CM11 after March 1st but I wanted to see if after installing them, would the rom still boot. Yes

I flashed the fixed AOSP modem for the d801 for working rotation first... then installed the rom, gapps and then lids... all booted fine and ran smooth.
Main Phone: T-Mobile LG-G2 - Stock'ish 20e FishmanMod
2nd Phone: Google Nexus 5 - Mahdi-Rom 2.7 [07/28]

danial.aw
Old
Thanks Meter 120
This has been used and described about numerous times in the nexus 5 threads... Besides some artificial benchmark performance bump these libs don't do anything... A few devs even said it might be detrimental because all the Roms already use specific library's ... You won't see any benefit on day to day usage at all...
Hammer_Of_The_Gods Old
(Last edited by Hammer_Of_The_Gods; 26th April 2014 at 04:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by danial.aw View Post
This has been used and described about numerous times in the nexus 5 threads... Besides some artificial benchmark performance bump these libs don't do anything... A few devs even said it might be detrimental because all the Roms already use specific library's ... You won't see any benefit on day to day usage at all...
Hi,

You should read a bit more the Nexus 5 thread about the Dalvik/Bionic optimizations patches..., there is an improvement, and not only in benches, in UI for users on full stock rom in responsiveness and smoothness in second plan (and even on custom roms for a few users, but well...). Also some "devs" include the MotoX or Z2 Dalvik/Bionic patches in their roms...

Also the link for the Nexus 4 thread in the OP is interesting to read, there is a bunch of explanations...

I agree with you about some roms with their own Dalvik and Bionic optimizations from AOSP and Code Aurora there is no difference in UI, but there is a difference in benches. And even if it's only in benches it's still an improvement whatever you think about benches... (and you know that some recognized devs use benches and even some recognized devs make bench apps?).
On my N5 I use a rom with already some Dalvik and Bionic optimizations from AOSP and Code aurora and I always flash the patches without something worse in UI, all is smooth, fast and responsive as before (and benches score are higher so why not?). Maybe the optimizations made by Qualcomm are good also, no?

If all is placebo or only in benches, why most roms have some Dalvik and Bionic optimizations (whatever from Qualcomm directly or AOSP, etc...)? I mean if it comes from a flashable zip with the Qualcomm lib files it's worse?

Obviously the Bionic patch alone won't make a difference or a very minimal difference in both UI and benches, the most improvement comes from the Dalvik patch, both in combination are better.

And I would say before saying "xx or xy devs/users said blablabla" (without even tested) the best thing is to test by yourself to see and make your OWN opinion instead of only repeat what xx or xy said. Sometimes it's right, sometimes it's almost right (or almost false ) and sometimes it's false, some legends are pretty solid on XDA... . XDA is also about testing by yourself and sharing your OWN results

Since I had been mentioned in this thread, if you want to test some different Bionic patches from another devices (for testing purposes), here's my Collection of Dalvik and Bionic patches (from full stock roms or system dump, so only Qualcomm files). Even if some libs are different, all the different Bionic patches are all almost equal in UI and benches (some users reported some small differences but honestly hard to tell, even in benches).

As we are on the G2 forum, be careful with the Dalvik patches and on which rom you want to test them because there is a big chance of a non-boot for most (even if I read above that it seems the Dalvik patch for CM11 is working at least)... So a Nandroid backup is the first thing to do. The Bionic patches should not cause problems.

Again since CM (or AOSP roms) use their own optimizations, in UI not too much difference to see I guess (need to see opening apps, responsiveness), the only part to test are the benches to compare... (and once again when your device is smooth, fast and responsive in UI and for a daily use, why not to test some stuff, tweaks and so on with benches to see where can be the improvement. There is always room for improvement, and fun is good sometimes).

I never tested them on my G2 since I'm on stock rom only then...

That being said, sorry for the long post and good luck with your tests

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FAFE ANDROID
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbonto View Post
see post #10 for your answer
Ok.... i already have read but was talking about nexus I didn't realize. ... doesn't work.... so move on... thanks....

fishman0919
Old
(Last edited by fishman0919; 26th April 2014 at 04:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1,015
So after running CM11 for a day or so with the optimized libs...

I have to say that it does run better and feel smoother.

Less, if almost no lag. Even when opening the app draw, that little skip/lag... one thing that bothers me with CM11

Apps open fast... smoother with almost no lag.

Benches a little better... for what that's worth.

And a overall better feel. I immediately noticed this when I reflashed/updated the rom back to restore the stock CM libs. Slower lag.

So anyway for what it's worth, IMO, they do make somewhat of a better difference using CM11 on the LG G2 d801.
Main Phone: T-Mobile LG-G2 - Stock'ish 20e FishmanMod
2nd Phone: Google Nexus 5 - Mahdi-Rom 2.7 [07/28]