Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,820 Members 49,043 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is it possible to have vibrate on for ringtone and off for notification?

Tip us?

philc21
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Is it possible to have vibrate on for ringtone and off for notification?

The volume control and vibration control on this phone is much less customizable than I would like.

Vibration mode turns everything to vibrate, but I get vibration notifications for emails as well as text and everything else. I would like it just to vibrate for ringtones and text if possible.

On my old phone I was able to turn off vibration for notifications and leave my gosms to do the vibration for the text, but it seems like there is no way to turn off vibration for notifications and leave it on for ringtone on this phone.

Has anyone found a way to turn the vibration for notifications OFF in vibration mode? While still leaving vibration ON for ringtones?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

evilbeef54
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by philc21 View Post
The volume control and vibration control on this phone is much less customizable than I would like.

Vibration mode turns everything to vibrate, but I get vibration notifications for emails as well as text and everything else. I would like it just to vibrate for ringtones and text if possible.

On my old phone I was able to turn off vibration for notifications and leave my gosms to do the vibration for the text, but it seems like there is no way to turn off vibration for notifications and leave it on for ringtone on this phone.

Has anyone found a way to turn the vibration for notifications OFF in vibration mode? While still leaving vibration ON for ringtones?

Any help would be great.

Thanks
settings>sound> go to the samsung applications section, you can adjust everything individually there... call, messages, email, calander
Sprint Rooted Mogul Evo Evo3d GS3 GS4 GS5 (Sorry Sprint 13 years is enough)
VERIZON GS5

IF SOMEONE'S POST HELPS YOU PLEASE HIT THE THANKS BUTTON

Lodaserves
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Yeah try this man like what evil posted settings>sound> go to the samsung applications section, you can adjust everything individually there... call, messages, email, calander

MWFD
Old
Thanks Meter 13
does this allow me to have diff settings for different profiles? I want the sound off for everything but vibrate on for everything but only when set to VIBRATE mode, but when I change to Sound mode, I dont want any notification to vibrate and I want sounds to play for everything, can I do that without having to go into each individualapp setting and changing it?

philc21
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbeef54 View Post
settings>sound> go to the samsung applications section, you can adjust everything individually there... call, messages, email, calander
I tried this but it still vibrates when I receive an email. I'm using Gmail and have the setting for vibrate off in the Gmail app. Does anyone know a secondary app that can control all the notifications other than light flow? I'd even use something like that to fix it. I just want it to vibrate for phone calls when in vibrate mode. Have you guys been able to turn off other vibrations with the method suggested?