OP marcsayer

26th April 2014, 06:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Oakridge, OR
Thanks Meter: 14

28 posts
Donate to Me
More
I know, I know, the folks that created this are non compus here at XDA now. No mention of their "brand" or roms, and all that. The old threads are locked. And I KNOW they are not popular with the mods. BUT, I am an XDA member and I find myself needing some help. I am hoping that someone here has the old Core Cell Evo v4.1 rom saved somewhere. I used to, in two places, a RAID 1 array (died such that both drives were trashed, oh boy) and an SD card (which now will not be read by either Linux or Win 7). But it seems you can never have too many backups, although you can definitely have too few, which is my dilemma. Here's the deal, I have this rom on my HD2 and on two friend's HD2s, one of whom had a hardware issue and needs a clean install. I also run an older SD version of an Android rom developed by the same people (but XDA will not allow me to mention their names or the rom name) as a dual boot. When I lost my backups of the Core Cell rom, I also lost the backup of that Android rom. And the links to these roms are either removed from XDA (the Android roms) or are no longer working (on a hotfile site that is defunct). The roms I want were not part of the whole mess that got these folks banned from XDA, in fact the Core Cell threads are still up on XDA with links and whatnot intact (though not functional because of the demise of hotfile). All I want is to get copies of these roms to fix my friend's phone and to have as backup in case I need to do a fresh install on my phone or my other friend's phone. The roms work well and we are familiar with them, so we don't want to go through a whole learning curve on a new rom if we can avoid it. And as I said these roms predate the whole controversy that lead to these folks "leaving" XDA. I have tried to get ahold of the people involved directly, but so far have not heard back from them. And my friend is without a phone while I try to sort this all out. If anyone has backups of these roms they could send me, I would be VERY grateful. It would save me a whole lot of trouble and let me get my friend back up and running. Again it is Core Cell Evo v4.1 and the Android rom was v0.8

I hope no one takes offense. I am just trying to keep my phone (and my friends' phones) working and I am hoping there is someone out there in XDA land who is also running these roms or at least did at one time, who might have backup copies of them.
26th April 2014, 06:50 PM   |  #2  
Flag zanjan
Thanks Meter: 191

401 posts
More
Smile Just Try a New One ... I'm sure you will like it ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcsayer

I know, I know, the folks that created this are non compus here at XDA now. No mention of their "brand" or roms, and all that. The old threads are locked. And I KNOW they are not popular with the mods. BUT, I am an XDA member and I find myself needing some help. I am hoping that someone here has the old Core Cell Evo v4.1 rom saved somewhere. I used to, in two places, a RAID 1 array (died such that both drives were trashed, oh boy) and an SD card (which now will not be read by either Linux or Win 7). But it seems you can never have too many backups, although you can definitely have too few, which is my dilemma. Here's the deal, I have this rom on my HD2 and on two friend's HD2s, one of whom had a hardware issue and needs a clean install. I also run an older SD version of an Android rom developed by the same people (but XDA will not allow me to mention their names or the rom name) as a dual boot. When I lost my backups of the Core Cell rom, I also lost the backup of that Android rom. And the links to these roms are either removed from XDA (the Android roms) or are no longer working (on a hotfile site that is defunct). The roms I want were not part of the whole mess that got these folks banned from XDA, in fact the Core Cell threads are still up on XDA with links and whatnot intact (though not functional because of the demise of hotfile). All I want is to get copies of these roms to fix my friend's phone and to have as backup in case I need to do a fresh install on my phone or my other friend's phone. The roms work well and we are familiar with them, so we don't want to go through a whole learning curve on a new rom if we can avoid it. And as I said these roms predate the whole controversy that lead to these folks "leaving" XDA. I have tried to get ahold of the people involved directly, but so far have not heard back from them. And my friend is without a phone while I try to sort this all out. If anyone has backups of these roms they could send me, I would be VERY grateful. It would save me a whole lot of trouble and let me get my friend back up and running. Again it is Core Cell Evo v4.1 and the Android rom was v0.8

I hope no one takes offense. I am just trying to keep my phone (and my friends' phones) working and I am hoping there is someone out there in XDA land who is also running these roms or at least did at one time, who might have backup copies of them.

Dear friend ... As I know both Roms are as old as the WWII tanks ... I know it's hard to get them ... but for android , I think you will like RAFDROID - MCCM HD they are the same as the ROM ( I think it was made by Sergio76 , am I right ? ) and also for WM 6.5
I think you will enjoy using Energy and also Artemis ROMs ... Their The bests ... I'm sorry but I don't think you can found it ... I recommend you to google it ... maybe you can find something that way ... Good luck

With best Wishes
Hitman1376
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread