So i tried turning it on, It turned on once, then died. I tried charging it, it didn't respond. I tried changing the battery, it still didn't respond, and also when I plugged it to my PC. nothing. Then I got the bright idea of looking inside and see what's going on in the Old Ray, I disassembled it (note wearing rubber gloves to not short it with any static and also grounded myself to make sure) and I saw that the parts on the motherboard were rusty and corroded. so i assumed it was water damage from the previous owner.
Now I'm wondering if the board is shorted or I can salvage the board and the rest of the parts by cleaning the rust and corrosion BUT I was wondering too if there were any shorted circuits. I read on one thread that a symptom of short-circuiting would be that the battery heats up while charging even though the phone doesnt respond. But the Ray never heated up while I was charging it (I left it for an hour, nothing).
So my question now is how can I know if the board is short-circuited. Because if it isn't short-circuited maybe I can salvage it by cleaning and fixing. hopefully. I wanted to live the joy of having to Rays xD
Any help appreciated