No registration required

[Q] AT&T HTC One Bricked?

OP thehumanslayer12

25th April 2014, 06:59 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

31 posts
More
Hi, I don't know if my HTC One is bricked or not. I had this phone for around a week, when I was sending messages a screen popped up saying "Google Services background data restriction on." I didn't know what this was, but when I exited the messaging app my phone said something (Close I suppose) like this, ".com.htc.sense.app has unexpectedly stopped working" and it showed this 2 times, and the second time turned its self off. It was at a 71% charge when it turned off. Now the phone wont turn on or anything no LED Light when on the Charger nothing. I tried possible fixed but all failed. When I plug it into my PC it recognizes it as "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM3)." Does this mean my HTC One is bricked?

Plus, my phone is completely stock, Factory Reset it once this was before this happened. No Custom ROMS/Recovery nothing. Completely stock.

Please help

UPDATE: I had sent in my AT&T HTC One to HTC on Monday May 5th. The Phone got to HTC Yesterday, Wednesday May 7th, and was repaired Today, May 8th. I got an Email from HTC saying that my Device is on it's way. Talked to customer support, and they said that a total of 5 Items + the Mainboard were replaced in the repair of the device. So whatever I or the device did to it or itsself, it got really messed up. The VERY great news is that HTC ACTUALLY repaired it. I will Edit this post with a picture (Or Two) of the Box + Paper stated what repairs were made to the Device when I get it in 2-5 Days.
Last edited by thehumanslayer12; 9th May 2014 at 05:08 AM. Reason: *UPDATE
25th April 2014, 06:09 PM   |  #2  
Flag Tyler, Texas
Thanks Meter: 201

977 posts
More
Only thing you can do is send it to HTC and see if it has a warranty still left on the device.

Also what version of android was on the device?

Also if the device is out of warranty I think you can get it JTAG thru some services online to get it back running. Do a Google search on JTAG to find out more info.

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
26th April 2014, 08:32 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

31 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 903tex

Only thing you can do is send it to HTC and see if it has a warranty still left on the device.

Also what version of android was on the device?

Also if the device is out of warranty I think you can get it JTAG thru some services online to get it back running. Do a Google search on JTAG to find out more info.

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

There is a 10 Year Warranty on the device, guess set by my Provider since I never payed for any warranty, but I am in a 2 year contract.

All I can remember is that I updated it to Android v4.4.2 KitKat a few days ago, but my my new phone I ordered (My sons) it has Android v4.4.3 KitKat which I think is weird. HTC Sense was v5 I think. But will HTC be able to repair it I mean what do they have to do? They gave me a very strict list of things that if found on the device will Void the Warranty and be sent back with no repair.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread