Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,029 Members 43,240 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] AT&T HTC One Bricked?

Tip us?

thehumanslayer12
Old
(Last edited by thehumanslayer12; 9th May 2014 at 04:08 AM.) Reason: *UPDATE
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Exclamation [Q] AT&T HTC One Bricked?

Hi, I don't know if my HTC One is bricked or not. I had this phone for around a week, when I was sending messages a screen popped up saying "Google Services background data restriction on." I didn't know what this was, but when I exited the messaging app my phone said something (Close I suppose) like this, ".com.htc.sense.app has unexpectedly stopped working" and it showed this 2 times, and the second time turned its self off. It was at a 71% charge when it turned off. Now the phone wont turn on or anything no LED Light when on the Charger nothing. I tried possible fixed but all failed. When I plug it into my PC it recognizes it as "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM3)." Does this mean my HTC One is bricked?

Plus, my phone is completely stock, Factory Reset it once this was before this happened. No Custom ROMS/Recovery nothing. Completely stock.

Please help

UPDATE: I had sent in my AT&T HTC One to HTC on Monday May 5th. The Phone got to HTC Yesterday, Wednesday May 7th, and was repaired Today, May 8th. I got an Email from HTC saying that my Device is on it's way. Talked to customer support, and they said that a total of 5 Items + the Mainboard were replaced in the repair of the device. So whatever I or the device did to it or itsself, it got really messed up. The VERY great news is that HTC ACTUALLY repaired it. I will Edit this post with a picture (Or Two) of the Box + Paper stated what repairs were made to the Device when I get it in 2-5 Days.

903tex
Old
Thanks Meter 154
Only thing you can do is send it to HTC and see if it has a warranty still left on the device.

Also what version of android was on the device?

Also if the device is out of warranty I think you can get it JTAG thru some services online to get it back running. Do a Google search on JTAG to find out more info.

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current Device

Nexus 5

Previous Devices
TO MANY TO LIST!!! LOL

IF I HELPED YOU WITH ANYTHING HIT THAT THANKS BUTTON.......

thehumanslayer12
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 903tex View Post
Only thing you can do is send it to HTC and see if it has a warranty still left on the device.

Also what version of android was on the device?

Also if the device is out of warranty I think you can get it JTAG thru some services online to get it back running. Do a Google search on JTAG to find out more info.

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
There is a 10 Year Warranty on the device, guess set by my Provider since I never payed for any warranty, but I am in a 2 year contract.

All I can remember is that I updated it to Android v4.4.2 KitKat a few days ago, but my my new phone I ordered (My sons) it has Android v4.4.3 KitKat which I think is weird. HTC Sense was v5 I think. But will HTC be able to repair it I mean what do they have to do? They gave me a very strict list of things that if found on the device will Void the Warranty and be sent back with no repair.