Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,793 Members 42,494 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Battery Door Vibration

Tip us?

slegrand
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default [Q] Battery Door Vibration

I have the G900W8 from Canada and I am wondering if it is just my device but whenever any sort of audio plays through the mono speaker on the back of the device the entire battery door vibrates or buzzes anyone else having this issue or should I get the device exchanged? If its a common issue has anyone found a work around to make it stop its driving me mad lol. Sorry if this was asked previously I looked through this forum and didnt see it but I could have honestly missed something.
Current Devices:
HTC One M8, Galaxy Note 3 N900W8, Galaxy S5 G900W8

Current Tablet
iPad Mini w/ Retina Display

jrubenc
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default 29984865 226

Quote:
Originally Posted by slegrand View Post
I have the G900W8 from Canada and I am wondering if it is just my device but whenever any sort of audio plays through the mono speaker on the back of the device the entire battery door vibrates or buzzes anyone else having this issue or should I get the device exchanged? If its a common issue has anyone found a work around to make it stop its driving me mad lol. Sorry if this was asked previously I looked through this forum and didnt see it but I could have honestly missed something.
I'd get it exchanged. Somehow, mic's vibration gets transmitted to the body of the device.

ChrisDude70
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by slegrand View Post

No buzzing, but I did notice that it vibrates like crazy.

Looks like it has something to do with how the watertight seal keeps the backing a few mm away from the actual back of the phone.

Make sure it's all clipped down properly.

Jaute
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The quick start manual actually states that due to watertight seal there are vibrations...

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

marleyb
Old
Thanks Meter 19

DONATE TO ME
Same here, behaviour by design

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-N7100 met Tapatalk
HTC Desire HD Rooted ICS, HTC HOX Stock ICS, Samsung Note 10.1" rooted ICS and Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Rooted JB

neugenusis
Old
Thanks Meter 49
I use a hybrid case. A perk it has is it dampens the vibration a good deal.