Not remembering Wifi network

24th April 2014, 06:14 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

48 posts
Every time I reboot my phone I have to reconnect and retype my Wifi password. I am on the OTA update (1.55.605.2) and rooted. Anyone else having this issue? It is extremely annoying as I have a terrible mobile data connection in my apartment.
24th April 2014, 06:22 AM   |  #2  
OP Member

48 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaraswee

Please restore your phone.then its ok, after a few days ago i have the same problem.

What do you mean restore? Like factory restore? It has been like this since I got it, and installing the new OTA didn't change it. I have a really long Wifi password, maybe that is the issue somehow?
25th April 2014, 09:43 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

48 posts
Well it definitely seems related to the length of the password. I tried out different lengths and somewhere between 45 and 54 characters it stopped remembering the network. So right now I have a guest network setup on my router just for my M8 to connect too....kind of ridiculous...
26th April 2014, 08:02 PM   |  #4  

21 posts
More
Yeah, I have the same issue, it's pretty annoying...I still haven't gotten around to changing my wireless key at home, my data usage has been off the charts since I got this phone because of it. Thankful I have a grandfathered unlimited plan. haha
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread