How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

HTC Rezound Restore to original ROM

OP scottcamp

24th April 2014, 02:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
I have a HTC Rezound that in unlocked, and has Niles Business ICS on it. I can lock it, but it won't boot after. It will not let me flash the ROM to Vigor. It says the hboot failed. (can't remember the exact error).
I am unlocked S-ON with HBOOT 2.28.0000
radio 2.23.10.0123r/2.23.10.124r

can it be restored back? i hear the hboot version is the issue, but not entirely sure. some of the posts i read were old.

i am locking it, flashing the boot img and it fails. i leave it unlocked and try to flash boot img and it still fails.
The Following User Says Thank You to scottcamp For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2014, 04:27 PM   |  #2  
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 14

69 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottcamp

I have a HTC Rezound that in unlocked, and has Niles Business ICS on it. I can lock it, but it won't boot after. It will not let me flash the ROM to Vigor. It says the hboot failed. (can't remember the exact error).
I am unlocked S-ON with HBOOT 2.28.0000
radio 2.23.10.0123r/2.23.10.124r

can it be restored back? i hear the hboot version is the issue, but not entirely sure. some of the posts i read were old.

i am locking it, flashing the boot img and it fails. i leave it unlocked and try to flash boot img and it still fails.

You will need to obtain S-OFF status before you can go backwards. When I did mine I was on CM rom so I know that works, it needs to be booting to use rumrunner also. Try flashing CM then flash the boot.img in fastboot and get it booting then try rumrunner to get S-OFF. After that you can go back to stock using the guide on here. The instructions are easy to follow and with my limited knowledge I was able to do it so I have no doubt anyone can. Oh, you need to be unlocked to flash kernel in fastboot.

Bryon
once you get S-OFF use this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2509770
Last edited by JBS976; 24th April 2014 at 04:35 PM. Reason: added link
The Following User Says Thank You to JBS976 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2014, 05:53 PM   |  #3  
Flag Bismarck, ND
Thanks Meter: 595

1,909 posts
Donate to Me
More
Your thinking into it too much, there is no way to return to stock unless S-OFF is achieved, and it must be bootable with a unsecure kernel to do that.

If you locked on a non-stock recovery, this will softbrick... in some cases if you had an engineered hboot, it can hard brick, but I don't think this is the case.

The quick fix is simple, unlock again, flash a stock-ish ROM (like http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2260154) or known good ROM like Tachyon... REMEMBER that when flashing S-ON, you MUST flash the boot.img seperately via Fastboot.

If you can't get to recovery, you can always boot it by pushing the img in fastboot mode and wipe/flash from there.
25th April 2014, 08:39 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBS976

You will need to obtain S-OFF status before you can go backwards. When I did mine I was on CM rom so I know that works, it needs to be booting to use rumrunner also. Try flashing CM then flash the boot.img in fastboot and get it booting then try rumrunner to get S-OFF. After that you can go back to stock using the guide on here. The instructions are easy to follow and with my limited knowledge I was able to do it so I have no doubt anyone can. Oh, you need to be unlocked to flash kernel in fastboot.

Bryon
once you get S-OFF use this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2509770

I'll give this a whirl. I have to have it back to stock and locked for Work purposes. their email security servers do not allowed rooted phones.
25th April 2014, 09:17 PM   |  #5  
Flag Cincinnati

69 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottcamp

I'll give this a whirl. I have to have it back to stock and locked for Work purposes. their email security servers do not allowed rooted phones.

Cool, there are loads of instructions on here for doing this and it is pretty straight forward. I did it a while back for my daughters phone and it worked flawlessly. Just read and then re-read the instructions and you should have no problems. Let us know how it works out and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, someone will be able to help.

Bryon
The Following User Says Thank You to JBS976 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2014, 11:05 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:

Bryon

Quote:

Cool, there are loads of instructions on here for doing this and it is pretty straight forward. I did it a while back for my daughters phone and it worked flawlessly. Just read and then re-read the instructions and you should have no problems. Let us know how it works out and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, someone will be able to help.

Bryon

Worked Perfectly! Thanks!!!!
26th April 2014, 09:30 PM   |  #7  
Flag Cincinnati

69 posts
More
You're welcome, glad to hear it all worked out.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread