Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Stock Kernel GT-I9500

OP casaque89

26th April 2014, 07:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Heredia
Thanks Meter: 3
 
43 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
I've been looking for the stock kernel for my Galaxy S4 GT-I9500. I flashed a custom kernel thinking about "higher scores" in benchmark tests but it didn't work and now I'm getting lower scores... Even with the CPU overclocked to 2.0 GHz... But I can't find the stock kernel.
I have the stock firmware (thanks to SAMMOBILE) on my laptop but I am trying to avoid the master reset. I'm uploading a screenshot of my current firmware so that it would be easier.

I hope someone can help me and if this is a repeated thread; well sorry about that.

THANKS!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-26-11-45-31.png
Views:	228
Size:	159.8 KB
ID:	2710396  
26th April 2014, 08:06 PM   |  #2  
Rami_Debab's Avatar
Member
Flag Rouiba
Thanks Meter: 17
 
47 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by casaque89

I've been looking for the stock kernel for my Galaxy S4 GT-I9500. I flashed a custom kernel thinking about "higher scores" in benchmark tests but it didn't work and now I'm getting lower scores... Even with the CPU overclocked to 2.0 GHz... But I can't find the stock kernel.
I have the stock firmware (thanks to SAMMOBILE) on my laptop but I am trying to avoid the master reset. I'm uploading a screenshot of my current firmware so that it would be easier.

I hope someone can help me and if this is a repeated thread; well sorry about that.

THANKS!

Please open the tar.md5 file of your rom with WinRAR and extract the boot.img file and send to me i'll convert it to you as an Odin flashable pack

EDIT : Here is the link for the stock kernel extracted from my rom zip and converted to an Odin flashable pack It goes on the AP tab of odin no need to wipe anything https://mega.co.nz/#!ZZ5HQSLK!5VSAHA...FI-KRdwibC7WIA
Last edited by Rami_Debab; 26th April 2014 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Added link
The Following User Says Thank You to Rami_Debab For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2014, 08:53 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Flag Beer Sheva
Thanks Meter: 51
 
158 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2008
Donate to Me
Its a great method for switching kernel but there in anpther problem. Perseus kernel stops android logger so when you return to stock kernel you will get bunch of fc's. I didnt manage to take care of it. I always install a rom when switched to stock kernel.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
26th April 2014, 08:57 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Heredia
Thanks Meter: 3
 
43 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rami_Debab

Please open the tar.md5 file of your rom with WinRAR and extract the boot.img file and send to me i'll convert it to you as an Odin flashable pack

EDIT : Here is the link for the stock kernel extracted from my rom zip and converted to an Odin flashable pack It goes on the AP tab of odin no need to wipe anything https://mega.co.nz/#!ZZ5HQSLK!5VSAHA...FI-KRdwibC7WIA


Thank you very much for the quick response... Buuuuuuut, ¿What is the AP tab? (check image)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sin título.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	2710472  
26th April 2014, 09:00 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Heredia
Thanks Meter: 3
 
43 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetlaw

Its a great method for switching kernel but there in anpther problem. Perseus kernel stops android logger so when you return to stock kernel you will get bunch of fc's. I didnt manage to take care of it. I always install a rom when switched to stock kernel.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

I´ll probably install Omega ROM, I actually did it but lost 3G signal, so I went back to stock (rooted)
26th April 2014, 09:09 PM   |  #6  
Rami_Debab's Avatar
Member
Flag Rouiba
Thanks Meter: 17
 
47 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by casaque89

I´ll probably install Omega ROM, I actually did it but lost 3G signal, so I went back to stock (rooted)

AP / PDA case
The Following User Says Thank You to Rami_Debab For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2014, 09:21 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Flag Heredia
Thanks Meter: 3
 
43 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rami_Debab

AP / PDA case


My bad, AP is for the 3.09 version.

:h ighfive: great, flashed via odin and stock kernel is back! thanks for your support and follow up!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sin título.png
Views:	97
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	2710506  
26th April 2014, 09:26 PM   |  #8  
Rami_Debab's Avatar
Member
Flag Rouiba
Thanks Meter: 17
 
47 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by casaque89

My bad, AP is for the 3.09 version.

:h ighfive: great, flashed via odin and stock kernel is back! thanks for your support and follow up!

Glad to know that you solved your problem me too i tried that kernel and ended up with some lags , so i wanted to revert back and didn't found any stock kernel repo and from that i learned how to make an Odin package
Always do a backup next time bro !
No need to hit that Thanks button i do it for pleasure
26th April 2014, 09:29 PM   |  #9  
OP Member
Flag Heredia
Thanks Meter: 3
 
43 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rami_Debab

Glad to know that you solved your problem me too i tried that kernel and ended up with some lags , so i wanted to revert back and didn't found any stock kernel repo and from that i learned how to make an Odin package
Always do a backup next time bro !
No need to hit that Thanks button i do it for pleasure

are you on stock kernel? tweaked build.prop?


THANKS
26th April 2014, 09:48 PM   |  #10  
Rami_Debab's Avatar
Member
Flag Rouiba
Thanks Meter: 17
 
47 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by casaque89

are you on stock kernel? tweaked build.prop?


THANKS

Yeap i'm on a stock kernel with absolutely no tweaks on build prop

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes