Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,922 Members 44,865 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How To Break A Bootloop

Tip us?

alershka
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Default How To Break A Bootloop

I had two bootloops today. One was when I was restoring a nandroid in TWRP that froze restoring data, the other was after doing a fast reboot when I installed an exposed framework module. In both cases, it took me almost an hour of holding down my power button and then getting to recovery by pressing the vol+ and power button.

So I am wondering if I have a bad power button or if something else could have caused my problem. I tried pressing the button firmly then loosely. I am not sure what I did differently to get it actually to work but I am concerned. Is there a technique to use to effectively break a bootloop?

I am rooted with S-off. I updated to the latest Verizon firmware a few days ago. I am running the GPE rom release from 4/13. I was thinking of going to a stock based rom in case this was related to GPE but I am wondering if I would be setting myself up for another prolonged bootloop.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Sent from my T100TA using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to alershka For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

netboy3
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by alershka View Post
I had two bootloops today. One was when I was restoring a nandroid in TWRP that froze restoring data, the other was after doing a fast reboot when I installed an exposed framework module. In both cases, it took me almost an hour of holding down my power button and then getting to recovery by pressing the vol+ and power button.
Check my thread regarding [Q] getting to hboot with fastboot flag. My last post gives you a step-by-step on how to get to the bootloader even when fast-reboot is set.

1ManWolfePack
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1762
Volume Up (hold) plus tapping power gets me in.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW

Tigerstown
Old
Thanks Meter 457
Plug into pc an type adb reboot-bootloader always works for me

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
sent from my 4.1ghz 8 core AMD unlocked fx black editon beast machine running win8.1/ubuntu12.04

richii0207
Old
Thanks Meter 438
Holding power, vol up, and vol down button for 10 seconds is a hard power off just like if you were to take out the battery. You can do this when the phone is doing anything like bootlooping, in recovery, on, etc.
If it does not work for you, then the power button is faulty.

Do this to turn your phone off. Then vol up + power to boot directly into recovery. Problem solved.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using xda app-developers app

x70xchallengerx
Old
Thanks Meter 77
I had this issue and was advised to hold power and vol +, well after a while that didn't do anything so I tried the good ole power and vol - and it rebooted to hboot immediately -_-

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
- HTC One (M8) VZW
[ROM]Android Revolution HD 8.1
Stock Kernel
~S-OFF~ via FireWater