[Help / Question] Restoring HTC One to factory settings etc... [Preparing to send in]

OP JohnVerde

22nd April 2014, 05:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
I cracked my HTC One about 4 to 5 months ago, and I just never got around to sending it for warranty because mainly I'm to lazy to restore it to factory settings. So I want to send it in before the warranty expires in June.

Back when I first rooted it I knew what to do, now I'm completely lost.

What do I need to do & What do I need to successfully restore my HTC One to 'Factory Settings' [Stock rom / Re-lock the bootloader or something] & How would I do this?

Thank you for all the help.

I would appreciate it if I could get as many tutorials / links etc. as possible to ensure I do it correctly. and get it done soon. Thanks again.
Last edited by JohnVerde; 22nd April 2014 at 05:26 AM.
22nd April 2014, 08:52 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 6

47 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVerde

I cracked my HTC One about 4 to 5 months ago, and I just never got around to sending it for warranty because mainly I'm to lazy to restore it to factory settings. So I want to send it in before the warranty expires in June.

Back when I first rooted it I knew what to do, now I'm completely lost.

What do I need to do & What do I need to successfully restore my HTC One to 'Factory Settings' [Stock rom / Re-lock the bootloader or something] & How would I do this?

Thank you for all the help.

I would appreciate it if I could get as many tutorials / links etc. as possible to ensure I do it correctly. and get it done soon. Thanks again.

Follow this guide

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2364801
23rd April 2014, 11:36 AM   |  #3  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 106

690 posts
More
If you take it to an AT&T store instead of sending it to HTC you don't have to do or change anything. The AT&T stores do not care nor check to see what you have done to the device. They will simply repair or replace it there. Although you may get a refurb device back but the same could happen with HTC. They will replace with new or refurb and or repair at their discretion.
26th April 2014, 09:04 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

28 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVerde

Hey, if your Device is Cracked, then your Warranty with HTC is Void. If you send it into HTC they will just send it back because if there is any Physical Damage done to the phone, any Warranty is automatically voided. Just take it to AT&T and get it repaired, you can consider your Warranty gone as this damage is not covered by the Warranty with them (I am sending mine in as it got Hard Bricked completely stock too, now this type of damage is covered by your HTC Warranty).

*EDIT*: I know that the AT&T HTC One (M8) has a One-Time screen replacement Warranty on it, but never heard of such a Warranty on the AT&T HTC One (M7), but if you did purchase a Warranty with your HTC One that covers Screen Replacement/Cracks then that's a different story
Last edited by thehumanslayer12; 26th April 2014 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Forgot a bit more detail
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread