Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,209 Members 36,634 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery Saving App

Tip us?

Gino76ph
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Battery Saving App

Hi.

I am planning on buying a new Android phone in place of my old ageing Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE. I'm choosing between the Nexus 5, HTC One (M7) and the Galaxy S4. One thing that is common to these phones are they both have Snapdragon processors.

My question is:

1. Is it wise or even practical to even install a battery-saving app for these phones? (as I heard such apps does help but also is a drain to the batteries themselves and resources/RAM)

2. What battery-saving app would you guys recommend? (I know I can easily search in Google or the Play store but there are just hundreds of them. I want to trickle it down to the "best of the best" or the "top one" out there currently?

Thank you.

Naddict
Old
Thanks Meter 13,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino76ph View Post
Hi.

I am planning on buying a new Android phone in place of my old ageing Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE. I'm choosing between the Nexus 5, HTC One (M7) and the Galaxy S4. One thing that is common to these phones are they both have Snapdragon processors.

My question is:

1. Is it wise or even practical to even install a battery-saving app for these phones? (as I heard such apps does help but also is a drain to the batteries themselves and resources/RAM)

2. What battery-saving app would you guys recommend? (I know I can easily search in Google or the Play store but there are just hundreds of them. I want to trickle it down to the "best of the best" or the "top one" out there currently?

Thank you.
Best is a subjective term and is dependent on a variety of individual settings as well. There really is no "Best" as many have their own thoughts and opinions.

As XDA is not a support site, and as there are several thread containing what it is you need, I suggest you read and make your own determination as to what it is you need.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=40176610
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe