Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,579 Members 43,015 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Battery Drain by "Android System"!! please help!!!

Tip us?

comcoil
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanr1977 View Post
I also have a problem I posted this on another members thread -

I have also had this problem, I have not changed many settings since day 1 of owning this phone - nfc data bluetooth & sync off, Wifi scanning all the time only when charging & drains so much during the night! Last night I was on 42% at 21:50 then at 22:50 it was on 23% then at 23:50 it was on 15% & at that point I put ultra power saver on, which said I would have 1 day of power left.... I checked again at about 01:00 & my phone had run out of battery & shut down! Today I am taking back my phone to the shop & am demanding a new handset, I think I may have just had a faulty S5? Also my phone was getting quite hot at night in my pocket & also had a problem sometimes when powering on with the power button to wake the phone nothing happens & got stuck in ultra power mode a few times & rebooted? Other than this I love the S5 & hope my new handset is perfect? IT BETTER BE? [emoji35]

sent by the technology & the power of the Samsung Galaxy S5 📱 Via Tapatalk 😎
Let me know if they give you a new handset...
I sent an email to support, they told me to bring the device to the lab to get it checked....
cant they just give me a new one and thats it? -_- ughh

deanr1977
Old
Thanks Meter 150
Went to the EE shop like I was told on the phone from customer services but they were unhelpful & then had to phone customer services back but then all they could do was send me another battery & not give me another handset yet! but not until after the weekend which by then my 14day return with no questions asked would be up & I would be bound to a contract for 24 months.... So i told them to stick there contract & thanks for wasting my time & lieing to me, so gone over to O2 contract a few hrs later & I must say I am happier with them, I even asked if they could unlock my phone to any use any sim & was told just ring customer services & they will do it free of charge!!!! (I was very surprised), anyway charged my battery for about 6 or & a half hrs & have had 22hrs battery life so far with loads of Web viewing, Wifi on most of the time & still have 27%. Loving this phone [emoji106]

Sent from my super quick & powerful Samsung S5.... via Tapatalk
Device - HTC One X (Endeavoru)
Status - Rooted & Bootloader Unlocked
Custom Rom - ViperX 4.0.7 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2087443
Recovery - Philz Touch 5.15.9 http://d-h.st/Hue
Android - 4.2.2 Jelly Bean

Device -Motorola Xoom (Wingray)
Status - Rooted
Custom Rom - Cyanogen v10.0 (needs updating!)
Recovery- Cant remember?
Android - Jelly Bean

Currently awaiting my upgrade then its a Samsung S5 for me

marleyb
Old
Thanks Meter 19

DONATE TO ME
You guys might experience this kitkat bug, btw it's not only triggered by skype http://www.zdnet.com/kitkat-giving-y...ix-7000027051/

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-N7100 met Tapatalk
HTC Desire HD Rooted ICS, HTC HOX Stock ICS, Samsung Note 10.1" rooted ICS and Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Rooted JB