Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,559 Members 52,434 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cant Flash CM10 after RUU 4.3, help!

Tip us?

blindsniper96
Old
(Last edited by blindsniper96; 26th April 2014 at 09:35 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Cant Flash CM10 after RUU 4.3, help!

Hello,
I am having trouble flashing cm10 again after I used ruu to go back to stock.
That was the short story, here is long story:
Last week I rooted my phone so that I could install cm10, it was the first time rooting and flashing a rom this phone.
I was successful and the rom was stable, that is until I tried to install an Xposed module. That is when things went sour
The module made my entire phone act as if it didnt have an sd card installed. (rom, bootloader, recovery, computer everything refused to recognize an sd card)
I tried reflashing cm10, twice, reverting to stock recovery then back to twrp, formatting my sd card, deleting my rom, I was about to give up, I thought my phone was permanently bricked.
Thats when I thought to use ruu to go back to stock
I tried oem locking and using ruu 4.1 and that failed every time, but then I tried ruu 4.3 and that worked the first time! Fixed my sd card problem too!
Unfortunately htc's 4.3 release is SUPER unstable and laggy.
So I decided to flash cm10 again. I unlocked my bootloader using the unlock key from htc dev I used the first time, and flashed TWRP recovery and then tried to flash cm10. I got an error, tried again got the same error. I tried to boot into the system but it was in an infinite bootloop. So not only cant I flash cm10 but I cant even root the 4.3 rom without it going into bootloop.
Note: I didnt use the "oem unlock" before unlocking bootloader command because I didnt really know If i was supposed to, I just unlocked boot loader straight from the oem locked bootloader.
This was bad, I needed my phone and I couldnt figure out how to fix this so 2 hours I gave up and tried ruu again.
It works but now Im stuck with a bad rom and no root. I cant even ruu back to stock 4.1 which is way more stable then 4.3.
Relevant info:
Phone: HTC Evo 4g lte Sprint
Recovery I was using: TWRP 2.7
Rom I was trying to flash: cyanogenmod 10.2
Unlock bootloader method: HTC dev
hboot:2.10.0000
I have always been s-on

Any help would be greatly appreciated

gstanke
Old
Thanks Meter 284
Quote:
Hello,<br />
I am having trouble flashing cm10 again after I used ruu to go back to stock. <br />
That was the short story, here is long story:<br />
Last week I rooted my phone so that I could install cm10, it was the first time rooting and flashing a rom this phone.<br />
I was successful and the rom was stable, that is until I tried to install an Xposed module. That is when things went sour<br />
The module made my entire phone act as if it didnt have an sd card installed. (rom, bootloader, recovery, computer everything refused to recognize an sd card) <br />
I tried reflashing cm10, twice, reverting to stock recovery then back to twrp, formatting my sd card, deleting my rom, I was about to give up, I thought my phone was permanently bricked.<br />
Thats when I thought to use ruu to go back to stock<br />
I tried oem locking and using ruu 4.1 and that failed every time, but then I tried ruu 4.3 and that worked the first time! Fixed my sd card problem too!<br />
Unfortunately htc's 4.3 release is SUPER unstable and laggy.<br />
So I decided to flash cm10 again. I unlocked my bootloader using the unlock key from htc dev I used the first time, and flashed TWRP recovery and then tried to flash cm10. I got an error, tried again got the same error. I tried to boot into the system but it was in an infinite bootloop. So not only cant I flash cm10 but I cant even root the 4.3 rom without it going into bootloop. <br />
Note: I didnt use the "oem unlock" before unlocking bootloader command because I didnt really know If i was supposed to, I just unlocked boot loader straight from the oem locked bootloader.<br />
This was bad, I needed my phone and I couldnt figure out how to fix this so 2 hours I gave up and tried ruu again. <br />
It works but now Im stuck with a bad rom and no root. I cant even ruu back to stock 4.1 which is way more stable then 4.3.<br />
Relevant info:<br />
Phone: HTC Evo 4g lte Sprint<br />
Recovery I was using: TWRP 2.7<br />
Rom I was trying to flash: cyanogenmod 10.2<br />
Unlock bootloader method: HTC dev<br />
hboot:2.10.0000<br />
I have always been s-on<br />
<br />
Any help would be greatly appreciated
I would recommend getting s-off. It's a lot easier to flash roms that way, also cm10 is on the old layout, because if the ruu you used you can't flash it. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2654590

[ROM][AOSP] CM11 & other AOSP-based ROMs that support updated partition layout check out this thread for aosp roms on the new layout. Also make sure you have the modified recovery for the new layout.

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to gstanke For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Evolution_Freak
Old
Thanks Meter 323
Yes, I suggest going S-off as well. Look here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2498684

Also, now that you've run the 4.3 RUU, you will need the TWRP recovery found here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2639180

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.