OP jackaros

25th April 2014, 01:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kavala
Thanks Meter: 166

359 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hello i have my old Xperia X8 laying around for a couple of months now and since i got my Xperia SP i did not give it the proper attention!!!
I love my X8 but it has some problems !!!!
1) It wont scan for wifi networks it says "Unable to scan for networks"
2) It wont read the inserted sd card.( on the statusbar it says "Removed SD card"
Although i flashed the original sw from SUS about 2 times the issues are still there.
So i came to the conclusion that the problems are related to hardware and specifically to the wifi module and the and card slot.
Having a small amount of experience with electronics i decided to disassemble the phone.
I inspected the wifi module , antenna and SD card slot as well to see if they had a visible issue.
Everything looked normal.
So i assembled the phone booted the thing up and i flashed from SUS the original firmware again.
As i am writing this the phone boots up.
Ill post the results later.

Also i could not find pcb replacement on ebay for the phone.Can anyone help me find one in case its a hw problem please.

Edit: Nothing changed im thinking of reflowing the pcb but im not sure about the zif connectors and the camera itself.
Last edited by jackaros; 27th April 2014 at 01:36 AM.
27th April 2014, 01:37 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kavala
Thanks Meter: 166

359 posts
Donate to Me
More
Opened the phone again checked everything no apparent damage.I haven o way to check deeper (measure and stuff i dont have a multimeter now nor an oscilloscope).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread