Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,201 Members 52,863 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Uninstalled google search on stock rooted Rom - now having issues - help!

Tip us?

captainreynolds
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 82
Default Uninstalled google search on stock rooted Rom - now having issues - help!

Hey everyone,

I uninstalled Google Search (google now) because I couldn't click on any of the settings on my stock, s-off, rooted and unlocked rom with flar2's kernel. I had a titanium backup of it, but restoring just the backup without any of the data did not work. Nor did restoring the app+data.

I reinstalled the application on the play store, but now I am having force close issues when I try to open it from anywhere. I know the original name of the application on our phones is Velvet.apk, but I can't recall if it was in system/app or system/priv-app. Does anyone know? If you could look and tell me, I would put the titanium backup apk into that folder and then install from there to see if that fixes the problem.

Please please please help! Google now is a huge part of my phone experience. It's really annoying because even after uninstalling it and reinstalling it from the play store, I still could not click on any settings. So stupid.

SmiLey497
Old
Thanks Meter 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainreynolds View Post
Hey everyone,

I uninstalled Google Search (google now) because I couldn't click on any of the settings on my stock, s-off, rooted and unlocked rom with flar2's kernel. I had a titanium backup of it, but restoring just the backup without any of the data did not work. Nor did restoring the app+data.

I reinstalled the application on the play store, but now I am having force close issues when I try to open it from anywhere. I know the original name of the application on our phones is Velvet.apk, but I can't recall if it was in system/app or system/priv-app. Does anyone know? If you could look and tell me, I would put the titanium backup apk into that folder and then install from there to see if that fixes the problem.

Please please please help! Google now is a huge part of my phone experience. It's really annoying because even after uninstalling it and reinstalling it from the play store, I still could not click on any settings. So stupid.
It's in priv-app
Past Cellphones:
Motorola: Timeport, Droid 1
Sharp: Z800
Nextel: i710, i860
Apple: iPhone 4
LG: Nexus 5, G2
Samsung: a950, SCH-i760, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note II, Galaxy S 4
HTC: Libra, Droid Eris, Incredible, Thunderbolt, One XL, One M7

Currently owned: HTC One M8