Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 44,984 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rom Takes Up Over 5GB??

Tip us?

dyedarling
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Rom Takes Up Over 5GB??

I just flashed Alliance Rom Build 25. I don't have that many apps installed, but my phone says I've used over 5.7 GB of space. Is this right?

Over 5GB are in the "Miscellaneous files" section. When you click on this, it says 5.67 is used up by System memory.

xredjokerx
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyedarling View Post
I just flashed Alliance Rom Build 25. I don't have that many apps installed, but my phone says I've used over 5.7 GB of space. Is this right?

Over 5GB are in the "Miscellaneous files" section. When you click on this, it says 5.67 is used up by System memory.
I use an app called "Storage Analyser" to see what big files I have on my phone. The system does take alot of space IIRC, but usually around 2...
Currently running: Galaxy Note II

If you don't have drop box, please help me out and use my referral link http://db.tt/XJuRP3T
The Following User Says Thank You to xredjokerx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kmarht
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyedarling View Post

I had the exact same thing happen to me except I only had 2gb free after I flashed alliance, not sure why but instead of actually formatting my data it just moved it all off to a folder that was higher than es file explorer goes by default, so I had to change my home directory in es file explorer to / and look around a bit, eventually found all my old music pictures and movies taking up vast space I couldnt normally see.