Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,519 Members 38,381 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Dot view case

Tip us?

jags_the1
Old
Thanks Meter 218
Love this case! So unique. Well i am done, you guys can continue nagging now.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app
HTC One
The Following User Says Thank You to jags_the1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Skurvy_Pirate
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I really like the case and the idea of it, but it is slightly off for me. When it is closed, the case is a few mm to the left, so the dots aren't as sharp and more of a blur. If I push the flap to the right a little they line up perfectly. I don't have a screen protector. Does anyone else have this issue? Possibly a defect?

I don't mind holding the flap to use the phone as the phone is big enough that I pretty much need two hands to use it anyways. I will continue to use the case, but I may end up returning it before my 14 days are up if I don't fall in love with it. Right now the only thing really bother me is what I mentioned above with it being slightly off.

andrewnelson
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 23
I have no interest on Dot case. And also don't have any one.

Nekromantik
Old
Thanks Meter 189
sending mine back. it's fun but not practical as it hinders one hand use impossible .

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Current Phone: HTC One M8 (Gunmetal) ROM: Renovate
Previous Phone: HTC One (Black)
Current Tablet: Nexus 7 Flo ROM: AICP
Previous Tablet: Asus Transformer TF300T

Blob8me
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennypow3rs View Post
Case sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewnelson View Post
I have no interest on Dot case. And also don't have any one.
Fantastic contribution guys...!!!!! Really. Why did you bother wasting your energy posting?
Current ROM:
InsertCoin

Current Devices:
HTC One (M8)
HTC One (M7)

Old Devices:
HTC One Dual Sim (802w); HTC One Mini; HTC HD7; HTC One X; HTC Sensation; Advent Vega Tablet; HTC Desire HD; HTC Desire; Sony Xperia X10 Mini; HTC HD2;
HTC HD; HTC Touch Pro; Touch Diamond;
Touch Dual; Kaiser; Hermes; Wizard

Blob8me: 1958 - The Blob - Steve McQueen - One of the Greatest Actors of all time

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blob8me For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PcFish
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Given the quality of the doubledip cases for M7, I wasn't expecting much in quality. I hope 3rd parties are allowed to do their own dot view. I've only seen S view type cases for the M8 right now.
The Following User Says Thank You to PcFish For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Res215dg
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekromantik View Post
sending mine back. it's fun but not practical as it hinders one hand use impossible .

Flip the cover around the back and one hand use is just fine- it may not wrap around the back perfectly due to the curve, but does not stick out enough to hinder one hand typing, browsing etc, unless you have smurf size hands....

p50kombi
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Res215dg View Post
Flip the cover around the back and one hand use is just fine- it may not wrap around the back perfectly due to the curve, but does not stick out enough to hinder one hand typing, browsing etc, unless you have smurf size hands....

same here, after folding flap back I have no problem with one handed use..

Live long and prosper... or something like that... maybe..
If you'd like to of course...ahh who cares anyway.....do what you like!!!

Using HTC ONE M8, unbranded, S-Off and Super-CID on EE UK Network
ROM: ARHD 10.x
Kernel: Elementalx
Radio: the one that comes with the latest ARHD rom

mbellis
Old
(Last edited by mbellis; 3rd May 2014 at 04:25 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Purchased the Dot View case from VZW originally, wasn't very happy with the Warm Gray color. Purchased the Warm Black Dot View case from the Shop Android part of the site and received it today, its the exact same color that VZW is advertising as warm gray, I was expecting a black case as depicted in the photos, the part numbers on the packaging are different, the VZW packaging has an HTC SKU 99H11530-00 and the Shop Android packaging has an HTC SKU 99H11416-00. I will edit this post with a photo in a little while but has anyone else found a similiar situation or has anyone received the shop android Warm Black case that can comment and/or share a photo to compare the Warm Black color? Thanks! VZW Warm Gray on the left and Shop Android Warm Black on the right...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0400.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	262.5 KB
ID:	2710489  

TheWizKid95
Old
Thanks Meter 82

DONATE TO ME
Anyone interested in buying a case? I bought it earlier thinking I'd like it, but it just isn't for me. Instead of returning it to sprint, I'd rather sell it to someone who's had a hard time looking for one. PM me for details.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app