Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,606 Members 48,606 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Iocean X7S Elite - Real Octa-core phone mini review

Tip us?

chief_wolfinjo
Old
(Last edited by chief_wolfinjo; 10th April 2014 at 01:04 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Smile Iocean X7S Elite - Real Octa-core phone mini review

Hi

Last seven days i have Iocean X7S Elite phone. I have to say that this device is really great. The most important features of this device are MT6592 1.7GHz Octa-core cpu, 2GB of RAM, Mali 450, FHD screen, Gesture control and 3G WCDMA can work on 900Mhz or 2100Mhz.

Significant technical specs

MT6592 1.7GHz Octa-core cpu
Mali 450 gpu
2GB of Ram
Screen: 5.0 inch, 1920X1080 pixels FHD screen, 443PPI
Network: WCDMA+GSM
Band: 2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
3G: WCDMA 2100MHz/900MHz
Gesture control
If you will be interested you can see here the full review for Iocean X7S

As for the design, I have a model in black and white combination. but it is possible to buy it in a completely black color. The case is made of good quality plastic.

This is how it looks

The screen is 5 inch big with resoulution of 1920X1080 pixels. It is Full HD screen or FHD. I have to say that the screen is brilliant. Color rendition is excellent, and also have an excellent viewing angle. therefore I do not have some objections for the screen.

This V8 beast have MT6592 1.7GHz octa core cpu + 2GB Ram + Mali 450 = win+win combination. It is really good combination, all applications that I have tried, it worked flawlessly. If you do not have too many installed apps, then there will always be freely around 1.3GB of ram.

Iocean X7S Elite scored 27200 points in antutu benchmark app. You can see screenshot below.

Also you can see the Vellamo Mobile Benchmark results

All certainly wondering how GPS works on Iocean X7S ? Gps works great, I'm also pleasantly surprised because without wifi and network connection and without any fixes, gps works great with no problems.

I also want to say something about Gesture control function. It is really cool function which works good and that can be very useful. For now you can use it only for basic functions such as going through menu, etc.

Thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to chief_wolfinjo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chief_wolfinjo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
About the video quality you can see below examples:

And here you can see how Iocean X7S plays movies, in this example is Star Trek Ds9 fight

The Following User Says Thank You to chief_wolfinjo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Xperia-Ray
Old
Thanks Meter 306
Great Review! thank you- I am happy to ee that they have fixed the GPS problem from MTK6589 version..
I am thinking to buy the MTK6582 version.

chief_wolfinjo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xperia-Ray View Post
Great Review! thank you- I am happy to ee that they have fixed the GPS problem from MTK6589 version..
I am thinking to buy the MTK6582 version.
Thank you

Yes, they fixed the problem. Now gps is working good.

moviehunter2009
Old
Thanks Meter 0
What rom you have?

Ahmed3bed
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default what rom u have

what rom u have

YCkcaJ
Old
Thanks Meter 3
How would you compare it to Neken N6S?
What is the pricing of iOcean X7S Elite?

N6S has practically same specs as X7S, no bloatware, standard android no candy like MIUI, around $220 + shipping + tax.
Can you post more GPS screenshots and first fix times? Of course no WiFi, somewhere outside in the open.

What is the battery endurance? I guess it's going to be around the same for all MT6592 devices.
Neken N6S, MT6592 8x1.66GHz, 2/16GB, 3000mAh, 5.0" 1080p IPS.

chief_wolfinjo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Hi,

There is stock rom on the device. Gps works good in the same way without sim card and Wifi

sMACiya
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I checked it out. Looks really nice