Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,807 Members 43,567 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Question about the no calls/text while on LTE

Tip us?

HaiKaiDo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 448

DONATE TO ME
Default Question about the no calls/text while on LTE

Is this something that is more prevalent on custom Roms? Because since I got my M8 Ive had no problems with missing calls or text. I was just curious before I go ahead and unlock and start flashing roms.

-----> Check Out My Custom Made USB Jig! <-----
If youre a Developer here on XDA and youd like an IRC Channel for your users or a private IRC channel for development just shoot me a pm!

joshuaw84
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaiKaiDo View Post
Is this something that is more prevalent on custom Roms? Because since I got my M8 Ive had no problems with missing calls or text. I was just curious before I go ahead and unlock and start flashing roms.
Your best bet is to probably read some rom threads to find out. I'm having zero issues with viper, but everyone's experience may not be the same.

Sent from M8 on XDA Premium APP

HaiKaiDo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 448

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuaw84 View Post
Your best bet is to probably read some rom threads to find out. I'm having zero issues with viper, but everyone's experience may not be the same.

Well thats the thing...All the people I see who are having this issue were on custom Roms. I don't think Ive run across anyone who is stock untouched. So thats why I was hoping to get some feedback here.

If youre a Developer here on XDA and youd like an IRC Channel for your users or a private IRC channel for development just shoot me a pm!

joshuaw84
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Quote:
Well thats the thing...All the people I see who are having this issue were on custom Roms. I don't think Ive run across anyone who is stock untouched. So thats why I was hoping to get some feedback here.
Understood, however if there are issues they may be posted in their respective threads along with any fixes/updates.

But I personally believe that most of the issues you're reading about may be network or hardware related, but that's just my opinion.

I myself am luckily in a market that has strengthened the network early on, we were a second round market that started the build out along with first round markets.

HaiKaiDo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 448

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuaw84 View Post
Understood, however if there are issues they may be posted in their respective threads along with any fixes/updates.

But I personally believe that most of the issues you're reading about may be network or hardware related, but that's just my opinion.

I myself am luckily in a market that has strengthened the network early on, we were a second round market that started the build out along with first round markets.

Yeah I was pretty lucky with the upgrades all around Atlanta GA. I might not have the most amazing signal but just about everything is upgraded and ready to go.

Ill continue to search around but if anyone is reading this and is complete stock with these issues please post and let me know.

dogcmp6
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
I can confirm my issues are related to the tower im on at home, as soon as I get far enough away from it to go to another tower I get all of my connections back
HTC One M8

HaiKaiDo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 448

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogcmp6 View Post
I can confirm my issues are related to the tower im on at home, as soon as I get far enough away from it to go to another tower I get all of my connections back
Thanks! Good to know

andrewnelson
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 23
I can confirm my issues are related to the tower im on at home, as soon as I get far enough away from it to go to another tower I get all of my connections back.

skizzled
Old
Thanks Meter 25
The only issues I have seem to be when I'm at home.

Sometimes, it takes a while to send/receive texts. Most of the time when this happens, I get anxious and instead of seeing how much of a delay there is, I simply update the profile and they all come quickly afterward. I've found that reprovisioning my phone using the ##SCRTN#(##72786#) dialer code while on CDMA tends to prevent this from happening for a greater amount of time.

Though, I did it a few days ago, it seems to be working okay now. We'll see how long it lasts.
PHONE: HTC One M8 Gunmetal Grey faux Harman-Kardon Edition
EARBUDS: Thinksound ts02