Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Question about the no calls/text while on LTE

OP HaiKaiDo

26th April 2014, 07:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 449

1,066 posts
Donate to Me
More
Is this something that is more prevalent on custom Roms? Because since I got my M8 Ive had no problems with missing calls or text. I was just curious before I go ahead and unlock and start flashing roms.
26th April 2014, 07:54 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 201

356 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaiKaiDo

Is this something that is more prevalent on custom Roms? Because since I got my M8 Ive had no problems with missing calls or text. I was just curious before I go ahead and unlock and start flashing roms.

Your best bet is to probably read some rom threads to find out. I'm having zero issues with viper, but everyone's experience may not be the same.

Sent from M8 on XDA Premium APP
26th April 2014, 07:57 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

1,066 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuaw84

Your best bet is to probably read some rom threads to find out. I'm having zero issues with viper, but everyone's experience may not be the same.

Well thats the thing...All the people I see who are having this issue were on custom Roms. I don't think Ive run across anyone who is stock untouched. So thats why I was hoping to get some feedback here.
26th April 2014, 08:02 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 201

356 posts
Quote:

Well thats the thing...All the people I see who are having this issue were on custom Roms. I don't think Ive run across anyone who is stock untouched. So thats why I was hoping to get some feedback here.

Understood, however if there are issues they may be posted in their respective threads along with any fixes/updates.

But I personally believe that most of the issues you're reading about may be network or hardware related, but that's just my opinion.

I myself am luckily in a market that has strengthened the network early on, we were a second round market that started the build out along with first round markets.

26th April 2014, 08:07 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

1,066 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuaw84

Understood, however if there are issues they may be posted in their respective threads along with any fixes/updates.

But I personally believe that most of the issues you're reading about may be network or hardware related, but that's just my opinion.

I myself am luckily in a market that has strengthened the network early on, we were a second round market that started the build out along with first round markets.

Yeah I was pretty lucky with the upgrades all around Atlanta GA. I might not have the most amazing signal but just about everything is upgraded and ready to go.

Ill continue to search around but if anyone is reading this and is complete stock with these issues please post and let me know.
26th April 2014, 10:36 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 8

92 posts
More
Quote:

I can confirm my issues are related to the tower im on at home, as soon as I get far enough away from it to go to another tower I get all of my connections back
26th April 2014, 11:05 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

1,066 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogcmp6

I can confirm my issues are related to the tower im on at home, as soon as I get far enough away from it to go to another tower I get all of my connections back

Thanks! Good to know
27th April 2014, 05:19 AM   |  #8  
Account currently disabled
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 23

384 posts
Thumbs up
I can confirm my issues are related to the tower im on at home, as soon as I get far enough away from it to go to another tower I get all of my connections back.
27th April 2014, 05:24 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 25

97 posts
More
The only issues I have seem to be when I'm at home.

Sometimes, it takes a while to send/receive texts. Most of the time when this happens, I get anxious and instead of seeing how much of a delay there is, I simply update the profile and they all come quickly afterward. I've found that reprovisioning my phone using the ##SCRTN#(##72786#) dialer code while on CDMA tends to prevent this from happening for a greater amount of time.

Though, I did it a few days ago, it seems to be working okay now. We'll see how long it lasts.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread