[Q] SMS -> MMS conversion

Tip us?

trevagreene
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default [Q] SMS -> MMS conversion

Folks,
Weird question/issue. I have a google group contacts set up. When I try to send a group SMS it converts the message to MMS with the following reason "some recipients only have email addresses saved, not phone numbers. To there email addresses the message will be converted to a multimedia message"

The weird thing is, all the recipients have phone numbers, plus this worked with my htc one x, plus worked with a SMS app called "Textra". I've even checked every recipient in the group, and each one has a phone number.

I've tried using WANAM, but still get the same issue.

any ideas ?
The Following User Says Thank You to trevagreene For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

trevagreene
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
I think I found a bug. By removing the email address associated with the contact, saving it, re-adding the email address back in has seemed to have fixed the issue. I can now use the stock SMS App, without Wanam and it sends group SMS now.. Bizzare !

trevagreene
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevagreene View Post
I think I found a bug. By removing the email address associated with the contact, saving it, re-adding the email address back in has seemed to have fixed the issue. I can now use the stock SMS App, without Wanam and it sends group SMS now.. Bizzare !
Also found that if I remove the email address from gmail logged onto a pc, then re-add the email directly on the contact using the phone it works as well.