OP rhouse1983

27th April 2014, 02:36 AM   |  #11  
Iowa
Thanks Meter: 1,908

3,016 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharkys

Cyanogenmod? Root so I can install an ad blocker? Unlocked bootloader so I can do whatever I want to my phone? At this point I would just be happy with root.

Sent from my XT1080 using xda app-developers app

Good luck. Most new devices are going to be harder and harder to unlock and/or root. Why anybody would buy a device that's not a nexus and be disappointed with the stock overlay is making a mistake day one. Buy a device you want to use stock and see if it gets root/unlock. Otherwise buy developer editions or change providers and buy a nexus.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akellar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2014, 08:26 AM   |  #12  
Flag Sivakasi
Thanks Meter: 25

143 posts
More
^^^^^
Yes, I found that hard way... But luckily got some courage and got BL UL code from Chinese guy and I promise I won't get non-dev edition phone from BigRed in future...

The Nexus series is good, but the only very very bad problem is their battery life (or lack of it)... So I have got DroidMAXX...
27th April 2014, 08:30 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by akellar

What do these new devices have that you need? A heart rate scanner? Fingerprint scanner? Crap ton of bloat? Unnecessary specs that do nothing but kill battery life? Meh.

The ability to use mobile hotspot (Biggest one for me). Installing an adblocker. The ability to back up all my apps using Titanium back up.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread