Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,799 Members 47,911 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Any good news about this phone?

Tip us?

akellar
Old
Thanks Meter 1756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharkys View Post
Cyanogenmod? Root so I can install an ad blocker? Unlocked bootloader so I can do whatever I want to my phone? At this point I would just be happy with root.

Sent from my XT1080 using xda app-developers app
Good luck. Most new devices are going to be harder and harder to unlock and/or root. Why anybody would buy a device that's not a nexus and be disappointed with the stock overlay is making a mistake day one. Buy a device you want to use stock and see if it gets root/unlock. Otherwise buy developer editions or change providers and buy a nexus.

Please note, I do not do ROM support via PM. If you have a question, ask in the device thread. Thanks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akellar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kanagadeepan
Old
Thanks Meter 21
^^^^^
Yes, I found that hard way... But luckily got some courage and got BL UL code from Chinese guy and I promise I won't get non-dev edition phone from BigRed in future...

The Nexus series is good, but the only very very bad problem is their battery life (or lack of it)... So I have got DroidMAXX...

mikekillerus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by akellar View Post
What do these new devices have that you need? A heart rate scanner? Fingerprint scanner? Crap ton of bloat? Unnecessary specs that do nothing but kill battery life? Meh.

The ability to use mobile hotspot (Biggest one for me). Installing an adblocker. The ability to back up all my apps using Titanium back up.