Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,543 Members 37,340 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Note 3 worth it or better wait for Note 4?

Tip us?

errol19
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by xperiaforme View Post
Assuming my Note 2 survives till September, is Note 3 worth buying? Could Note 4 be very problematic to root given there is no way to fix triped knox on 3? With roumors of 4 being water resistant and having a killer 3 sided display, better battery etc I am intrigued.
Why don't you flash official kitkat for your note 2, that would be close to note 3, then you could wait for note 4.
Hey, nothing to lose right!

pete4k
Old
Thanks Meter 56
There were many rumors about GS5, right until few days before the release and many of them came out to be false, Note 4 probably won't be released until September, so it's impossible to say if any of those rumors are even close to reality, I wouldn't even be so sure if Samsung themselves "freeze" the design on specs on Note 4 yet. As a matter of fact I delayed purchase of Note3 until November, waiting for rumored Note 3 active (waterproof version), rumored to be released any day now, way back in September. Well, it's almost May and Note 3 active is not even rumored about anymore, so I don't think I'll be making my purchase decisions on rumors anymore.
Bottom line is if you need new phone now, Note 3 is still one of the best phones around, if you don't 4 months is not that far away, or is it?

FeralFire
Old
Thanks Meter 208
The Note 4 might be impossible to root without tripping knox (or whatever they end up calling it), but I am pretty sure it will be rootable.
Especially while we got chainfire. :P