Ask a question

No registration required

Strange ringback tone problem...

OP aysiana

27th April 2014, 09:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 28

67 posts
Ok so I have a really weird problem. I have an open ticket with Sprint about it now and I will post back if they ever figure out what the heck the problem is and or fix it but in the meantime maybe one of you awesome developers might have some thoughts or suggestions on this.

First, let me just tell you that they no longer offer the option to manage your "digital lounge" media within your account online from the Sprint website...when you follow the links to try to do so, it tells you to use the Sprint Music + app from your device.
So, using the Sprint Music + app, I purchased a ringback tone which I intended to set to play for only one specific caller/contact. I successfully bought the ringback tone and it shows up in my library. When I choose to assign the ringback tone to a specific caller/contact, when I choose the one specific caller/contact that I want - it errors out and says "an error with the ringback tones service has occurred". I have 800 contacts that pop up for me to choose from and the ONE that I want to assign it for is the ONLY one that this error occurs for. I can assign this ringback tone to any and every other caller/contact in my phone.

I tried all the obvious possible fixes. Deleted this one contact and all my text/call history from them, uninstalled the app, rebooted the phone, readded the one contact, reinstalled the app, and tried again. Still won't work just for this one caller.

I called Sprint and opened a ticket yesterday. The person I spoke with was completely clueless as to what the problem could be but asked if I had ever been able to assign a ringback tone to this caller/contact in the past and yes, I told them I never had any problems before. They told me they'd work on it and to check back with them in 24-48hrs.

I called them back today to check on it. No progress made whatsoever but say they'll get to it and in the meantime they gave me a credit for the cost of the ringback tone and suggest that I purchase another ringback tone and try to assign it for the same caller/contact again to see if it has the same problem. So I do it after they promise they will also credit this second ringback tone if it doesn't work. Second one has the same exact issue. So I set the second ringback tone for all incoming calls and when this one specific caller/contact calls me - he (and everyone else) hear it play.

I deleted the contact again and readded their # to my contacts with a different name to see if this would help. Nope. Still the same problem.

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread