FORUMS

Earthquake Early Warning in Your Pocket

Probably all of us reading this have a smartphone in our pocket. For many of us, the … more

Sony: The OEM You Want To Save

In our recent Discuss article, we asked you readers on which OEM you would like to help. While the … more

How to Lock and Protect Your Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The smartphone revolution has passed. Everybody has mobile apps. Some of … more

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Weird some s5s have lower antutu x scores

653 posts
Thanks Meter: 108

By trein91, Senior Member on 25th April 2014, 07:11 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Went into a Telco store. Cleared recent apps for all. 2 s5s had 28k antutu x score. 1 other one had a decent 35k one. Note they weren't overheating at all.

25th April 2014, 10:50 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Demo edition <> edition you buy
25th April 2014, 04:16 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Power saving is activated?

Sent from GT-I9500
25th April 2014, 06:32 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 462

More
Let's suppose you got 50,000 points on Antutu X. Would that suddenly justify your purchase? or would that make you sleep better at night? Trust me whether it's 25,000 or 50,000 it's not going to have any impact at all how the phone works. Judging a phone based on Antutu score is just wrong.

BTW, a benchmark which doesn't provide repeatable consistent result isn't worth it.

I do analyze benchmarks for a living (not these tiny consumer devices, but mission critical enterprise products). I can appreciate good benchmarks and we also understand why certain statistics are irrelevant or just simply wasteful.
Last edited by CLARiiON; 25th April 2014 at 06:34 PM.
25th April 2014, 07:12 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
28xxxx something with power saving on and a much better 36xxx something with it off.

I dont hold much stock in these things but it is a tool to play with none the less.
27th April 2014, 12:45 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1,654

More
mine has a ~35,000 score

27th April 2014, 09:30 AM |#7  
Account currently disabled
Flag straya kienttt
Thanks Meter: 476

More
Possibly because it has some store demo stuff on there. I heard some store units ran different firmware than units that were sold, hence some store units were called SM-G900X
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread