Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,000 Members 50,350 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]Power Off not working

Tip us?

jontr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Default [Q]Power Off not working

Strane thing on 4.4.2

When I press and hold power button, the menu with Power Off option appear, but when I press Power Off - nothing happens. Phone doesn't turn off. If I hold on that option, I get the message about rebooting to Safe Mode and it's working fine - the phone reboots to Safe Mode. But then I can't reboot normally, because the Power Off option is still not working.

Power button + Volume Up button do turn the phone off, but it's kinda strange thing.

Anybody else with the issue? Maybe one of the apps is stopping phone from turning off? Strange.

jancarlos1597
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Yes, I have the same issue on slim rom based on the latest kk version...

If someone have something please tell us how to fix it.

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 615
After that screen should appear the message to confirm the shutdown, I think that one you are missing.

Just use Gravity or Xblast, they have Advanced Power Off menu. Is much better and It will replace the stock one and fix the problem too, I think.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4

jontr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
After that screen should appear the message to confirm the shutdown, I think that one you are missing.

Just use Gravity or Xblast, they have Advanced Power Off menu. Is much better and It will replace the stock one and fix the problem too, I think.
my bootloader is locked

gregbradley
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by jontr View Post
my bootloader is locked
So?

You do not need an unlocked bootloader to use Xposed framework and or get the advanced power menu.

How to get root on Xperia Z1 with KitKat 4.4.2, 4.4.3 & 4.4.4

If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to gregbradley For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]