Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,884 Members 52,569 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Please help: android don't accept "gmail.com" and keeps changing it to ",ail.com"

Tip us?

bunbury
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Default Please help: android don't accept "gmail.com" and keeps changing it to ",ail.com"

Hello,

I've received a strange message yesterday from Google telling that a new account has been created for me (obviously I didn't create any new account).
but what worries me the most is that in my i9000, my account settings all have "@,ail.com" instead of @gmail.com" and if I try to change it, (I just can't believe my own eyes) I see that when I try to correct using the i9000, from @,ail.com to @gmail.com... it automatically changes back to @,ail.com.
What is this stuff ?
PLEASE can anyone help me ?

Thank you !!!

bunbury
Old
(Last edited by bunbury; 27th April 2014 at 11:27 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunbury View Post
Hello,

I've received a strange message yesterday from Google telling that a new account has been created for me (obviously I didn't create any new account).
but what worries me the most is that in my i9000, my account settings all have "@,ail.com" instead of @gmail.com" and if I try to change it, (I just can't believe my own eyes) I see that when I try to correct using the i9000, from @,ail.com to @gmail.com... it automatically changes back to @,ail.com.
What is this stuff ?
PLEASE can anyone help me ?

Thank you !!!

Damn !! GOT IT !! IT WAS A FONT ISSUE ! I've changed font to Halo "something" and for some reason the chars "gm" are transformed into a "," !!
but it was giving me some heavy headaches !

Damn it ! You can't imagine my relief !

So before posting a dumb question here (like me) please think if you've changed your Android font