Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,065 Members 41,425 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No Simultaneous Voice & Data on Sprint?

Tip us?

iceddown
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default No Simultaneous Voice & Data on Sprint?

Coming from a Galaxy S4 on Sprint I mistakenly assumed that the GS5 would be an upgrade in every fashion, boy was I wrong! The GS5 is not able to use voice and data simultaneously! Why would a company release a phone that is an "upgrade" that eliminates a core function? Too bad I already sold my S4. Thinking about switching carriers before my return period is up due to this nonsense.

hemander
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceddown View Post
Coming from a Galaxy S4 on Sprint I mistakenly assumed that the GS5 would be an upgrade in every fashion, boy was I wrong! The GS5 is not able to use voice and data simultaneously! Why would a company release a phone that is an "upgrade" that eliminates a core function? Too bad I already sold my S4. Thinking about switching carriers before my return period is up due to this nonsense.
Unfortunately that is true, it only has one chipset for voice and data, but that does not mean that it can not multitask, at the moment Sprint has chosen not to implement SVLTE (like other carriers have). Hints are coming out that point to a summer implementation of it. (hopefully)

GorillaPimp
Old
Thanks Meter 119
I also hear wifi calling will be enabled soon (summer). That's another alternative for talking and using data simultaneously. If you're within 14 days take it back if you don't like it and go with another carrier.

eyecon82
Old
Thanks Meter 1649
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceddown View Post
with the s4, you can only do it over LTE

with the s3, you could do it over LTE and 3g..

it seems like a step down every generation...

KennyG123
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Thanks Meter 25859

DONATE TO ME
There is already a thread for this in the Sprint section http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2715529 although closed leads you to another thread. This is the International forum.
Thanks

Moderator Directory - - - FORUM RULES - - - Support Autism Awareness here
Tags
galaxy s5, gs5. sprint
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe