Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,159 Members 45,712 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Warranty - Replace or Repair

Tip us?

The Third God
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default Warranty - Replace or Repair

Hi guys,
I bought my phone about 2 weeks ago. In the first week I noticed a problem in my phone; there's a missing area at the bottom of my LCD (below soft keys). The area shows some noises (something like the reflections of the pages I open with my phone, e.g. Settings menu, Walkman app, anywhere in my phone). Actually this problem is so annoying and I'm gonna send the phone back to the Sony (The phone has warranty). Here's my question; does Sony replace the phone? Or it just repairs it?!
Thanks in advance

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk
Talk less, Think more

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 614
If you don't post a Picture of what it is, we cannot give you a correct advice. Can you?
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

livelyyoungman
Old
(Last edited by livelyyoungman; 27th April 2014 at 04:48 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Third God View Post
Hi guys,
I bought my phone about 2 weeks ago. In the first week I noticed a problem in my phone; there's a missing area at the bottom of my LCD (below soft keys). The area shows some noises (something like the reflections of the pages I open with my phone, e.g. Settings menu, Walkman app, anywhere in my phone). Actually this problem is so annoying and I'm gonna send the phone back to the Sony (The phone has warranty). Here's my question; does Sony replace the phone? Or it just repairs it?!
Thanks in advance

Try one of the following:

1. Do a factory reset from the phone (Setting - Backup & reset)
2. Use the Sony flash tool and try a manual flash of your ROM

If the above does not work then you will have to take it the Service Guys. They will check the piece and then replace it if required. I had my phone replaced as I had camera issues in less than 2 weeks of my ownership post which I have not had any issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
If you don't post a Picture of what it is, we cannot give you a correct advice. Can you?
+1 to this. @The Third God
Please post some photos
The Following User Says Thank You to livelyyoungman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

The Third God
Old
(Last edited by The Third God; 27th April 2014 at 11:29 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Thank you for your reply.
I tried reinstalling firmware via PC Companion and it didn't help... I was afraid flashing the phone might void the warranty... Does it?
Here is a picture: (not nice quality, sry)

(the area below soft keys is missing...)

A few more things to mention:
* When I take a screenshot, everything is fine and the area below the soft keys isn't missing!
* At the first days, the missing area was appeared when phone was heaten a bit... But now (for about a week) the area is permanently missing!
It's much like hardware problem, I guess.
Talk less, Think more

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Third God View Post
A few more things to mention:
* When I take a screenshot, everything is fine and the area below the soft keys isn't missing!
* At the first days, the missing area was appeared when phone was heaten a bit... But now (for about a week) the area is permanently missing!
It's much like hardware problem, I guess.
It's look like a line of dead pixels or LCD but in this case, if that is a Hardware problem you should see in that part of the screen problems in any conditions. Can you do a test, reboot your phone and look at the bottom of the screen where the line is, do you see something wrong?

If the LCD is dead but you take a screenshot logically the line is missing because is not recognize as the LCD is the problem.

I think you should send it to repair via Warranty, just to be sure.

BTW, you can also flash a Stock FTF from different region but for your model only, to check if it a system failure, using flashtool v.0.9.16 (it will not void your warranty).
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]