Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,622 Members 44,650 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Q. Thinking to start root. (Help needed)

Tip us?

PirOwaisQureshi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Q. Thinking to start root. (Help needed)

Hello there people!
As you all know every Android user finally goes for the thing called "Rooting" so yes I'm an beginner over it and read alot of discussions but still couldn't find Convincing discussion so I need complete procedure about the Stock ROM and how to back it up in order to Step backward towards it just in case if something strange happens. YES I'll flash a Custom ROM so i'll take the guide as well.
THANKYOU.

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 489

DONATE TO ME
Hi there. One thing you will find out about quickly, is that many methods to modify your phone are very specific. Not only to what manufacturer, but what model, what update it is on, if it was purchased from a carrier or unbranded and unlocked, and whether or not there are any warranty issues to consider. Most of the time you can return the device to exactly as your received it and sometimes there is something that is triggered that can not be reset that will show you've modified the phone. So, let us know what you have and we can get you pointed in the right direction to get started.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)

PirOwaisQureshi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s View Post
Hi there. One thing you will find out about quickly, is that many methods to modify your phone are very specific. Not only to what manufacturer, but what model, what update it is on, if it was purchased from a carrier or unbranded and unlocked, and whether or not there are any warranty issues to consider. Most of the time you can return the device to exactly as your received it and sometimes there is something that is triggered that can not be reset that will show you've modified the phone. So, let us know what you have and we can get you pointed in the right direction to get started.
I have the "Quatro Z4" of the Qmobile company i.e Unbranded but that doesn't mean the unbranded stuff can't get rooted. Yeah I am seeking perfect rooting options and Recovery options with perfect Stock rom Backup.

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 489

DONATE TO ME
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2542825

This guide has everything you need to root and to use the ClockworkMod recovery which will allow you to make a full backup of your current system (these backups are called Nandroids)

I haven't had a chance to look around to see if there are any roms for it yet, but that guide should be a good head start. I would recommend reading through the thread first to make sure there won't be any surprises.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)

PirOwaisQureshi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2542825

This guide has everything you need to root and to use the ClockworkMod recovery which will allow you to make a full backup of your current system (these backups are called Nandroids)

I haven't had a chance to look around to see if there are any roms for it yet, but that guide should be a good head start. I would recommend reading through the thread first to make sure there won't be any surprises.
Didn't get you mate? What exactly do I have to do?

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 489

DONATE TO ME
I'm not sure what you are having trouble with...? The link I gave you breaks down the steps you need to get started pretty simply...