Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,050 Members 42,646 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Looking for best water screen protector

Tip us?

bodson66
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudraker View Post
Typos do happen. That being said the oleophobic coating is definitely not the only thing to worry about. Fit is important and the cheaper ones don't necessarily have the exact fit but the may. Hardness is extremely important as its what determines scratch resistance. Thickness is also a big deal. The difference between .3mm and .23 mm doesn't seem like much but it can create an obvious lip and also cause case issues. Also, rounded edges are a huge deal and not all glass protectors have them. And the thicker the protector the more important rounded edges become.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Like I said I've tried them all, curved edges are nice but I have yet to chip one that doesnt have them. The thinner they are the more brittle as well. I had a .2mm glas tr and it shattered very easily when dropped on a wood floor. The oleophobic coating wears off on all of them after 1-2 month depending how often you wipe your phone clean. I have yet to have one not be a perfect fit as well. I was a long time spigen user but then switched to the ebay cheap ones and couldn't be happier.

Brands I've owned
Spigen
Clairvue
Ghost Armour
Crystal Armour (best one I've had but cost me 70 dollars didnt need a cutout for the proximity sensor for my Z1)
Xgear Fanthom
Glass-M
Wilco
about 10 other brands from ebay they always seem to come in different packages

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungrave223 View Post
Lol I guess just reminded me of an "iPod like" thing I almost brought lol
lol that's awesome
Using a Nexus 4, Xperia Z, ZL and now Z1
Network Administrator

Gungrave223
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodson66 View Post
Like I said I've tried them all, curved edges are nice but I have yet to chip one that doesnt have them. The thinner they are the more brittle as well. I had a .2mm glas tr and it shattered very easily when dropped on a wood floor. The oleophobic coating wears off on all of them after 1-2 month depending how often you wipe your phone clean. I have yet to have one not be a perfect fit as well. I was a long time spigen user but then switched to the ebay cheap ones and couldn't be happier.

Brands I've owned
Spigen
Clairvue
Ghost Armour
Crystal Armour (best one I've had but cost me 70 dollars didnt need a cutout for the proximity sensor for my Z1)
Xgear Fanthom
Glass-M
Wilco
about 10 other brands from ebay they always seem to come in different packages

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

lol that's awesome
well maybe i can get a cheapo one from eBay to see how much i like it as a starter, cause you couldn't pay me to spend 70 on a screen protector lol.

Stevez48
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Anyone use the verizon brand tempered glass? I get a discount on accessories so that is why i ask...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GSV

cloudraker
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevez48 View Post
Anyone use the verizon brand tempered glass? I get a discount on accessories so that is why i ask...
Any idea who actually makes it? I know the AT&T version is made by bodyguardz and it's alright except it doesn't have curved edges which is really important to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app