LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Looking for best water screen protector

OP Gungrave223

25th April 2014, 05:22 AM   |  #21  
Flag Sudbury
Thanks Meter: 93

318 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudraker

Typos do happen. That being said the oleophobic coating is definitely not the only thing to worry about. Fit is important and the cheaper ones don't necessarily have the exact fit but the may. Hardness is extremely important as its what determines scratch resistance. Thickness is also a big deal. The difference between .3mm and .23 mm doesn't seem like much but it can create an obvious lip and also cause case issues. Also, rounded edges are a huge deal and not all glass protectors have them. And the thicker the protector the more important rounded edges become.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Like I said I've tried them all, curved edges are nice but I have yet to chip one that doesnt have them. The thinner they are the more brittle as well. I had a .2mm glas tr and it shattered very easily when dropped on a wood floor. The oleophobic coating wears off on all of them after 1-2 month depending how often you wipe your phone clean. I have yet to have one not be a perfect fit as well. I was a long time spigen user but then switched to the ebay cheap ones and couldn't be happier.

Brands I've owned
Spigen
Clairvue
Ghost Armour
Crystal Armour (best one I've had but cost me 70 dollars didnt need a cutout for the proximity sensor for my Z1)
Xgear Fanthom
Glass-M
Wilco
about 10 other brands from ebay they always seem to come in different packages

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungrave223

Lol I guess just reminded me of an "iPod like" thing I almost brought lol

lol that's awesome
25th April 2014, 01:12 PM   |  #22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Carrollton
Thanks Meter: 26

317 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodson66

Like I said I've tried them all, curved edges are nice but I have yet to chip one that doesnt have them. The thinner they are the more brittle as well. I had a .2mm glas tr and it shattered very easily when dropped on a wood floor. The oleophobic coating wears off on all of them after 1-2 month depending how often you wipe your phone clean. I have yet to have one not be a perfect fit as well. I was a long time spigen user but then switched to the ebay cheap ones and couldn't be happier.

Brands I've owned
Spigen
Clairvue
Ghost Armour
Crystal Armour (best one I've had but cost me 70 dollars didnt need a cutout for the proximity sensor for my Z1)
Xgear Fanthom
Glass-M
Wilco
about 10 other brands from ebay they always seem to come in different packages

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

lol that's awesome

well maybe i can get a cheapo one from eBay to see how much i like it as a starter, cause you couldn't pay me to spend 70 on a screen protector lol.
25th April 2014, 05:09 PM   |  #23  
Flag CT
Thanks Meter: 5

220 posts
More
Anyone use the verizon brand tempered glass? I get a discount on accessories so that is why i ask...
27th April 2014, 03:11 PM   |  #24  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevez48

Anyone use the verizon brand tempered glass? I get a discount on accessories so that is why i ask...

Any idea who actually makes it? I know the AT&T version is made by bodyguardz and it's alright except it doesn't have curved edges which is really important to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread