Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,156 Members 46,436 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Free app for chromecast: cast ALL your PC movie to HDTV through Google ChromeCast

Tip us?

boune64
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Enjoy the free premium download ! 20hours remaining. Wprks very well atm

kios36
Old
Thanks Meter 54
great software, i wish subtitles work too!!

compta5
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Works flawless on my chromecast

dreaming1
Old
Thanks Meter 1
hello guys I have also installed the dreamstream no I can not detect the chromecast on chrome I have no problems detected and the device and running give me a help thanks

my operating system windows 8.1 update 1 64-bit

DJames1
Old
(Last edited by DJames1; 27th April 2014 at 03:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 88
The version 1.1 release is more stable and performs better than the beta-test versions, and the option to import one file at a time to the library as an alternative to pre-scanning all drives on the system is welcome. The transcoding still doesn't perform as well as Plex though, and Plex can also cast all your file types for free from a PC. The main advantage of Dreamstream is that it's simpler to use than Plex.

They still haven't fixed the bug that causes it to crash on startup if there's a Roku device on the network, and it still launches the WSHelper app in the background that stays active permanently, supposedly to check automatically for updates from Wondershare even if updates are disabled. You might want to delete WSHelper from where it's installed in the Common Files folder (usually C:\Program Files\Common Files\Wondershare and C:\Users\youraccount\AppData\Local\Wondershare).

Also note that if you had the old Wondershare Media Center beta test version installed, neither removing it nor updating to Dreamstream removes the old index files under My Documents\Wondershare Media Center.