Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,305 Members 42,207 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyone using S5 without a screen protector ?

Tip us?

davew41
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamrul.auntu View Post
Hi S5 users:

Anyone using Galaxy S5 without any screen protector. I am interested to know whether using S5 without a screen protector cause any damage to screen or not. Since it's gorilla glass 3.
I'v never used a screen protector on any of my phones..
I have never had any issues to the Glass..

etaiso
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Am I the only one who not using screen protector because of screen quality and sharpness loss?
I noticed on my old (and kicking!) iPhone 4 that with screen protector, the quality decreased.

AuGmENTor
Old
Thanks Meter 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by etaiso View Post
Am I the only one who not using screen protector because of screen quality and sharpness loss?
I noticed on my old (and kicking!) iPhone 4 that with screen protector, the quality decreased.
I did see a difference in clarity with my Epic 4G one time when I didn't have a protector to use for about 2 weeks. But then it started picking up little scratched and I had to take a Xanax just to get to sleep at night. It is worth it to me to sacrifice that bit of clarity for not having a torn up digitizer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunflavoredbob View Post
You'd think a bunch of people running Google software would be more familiar with their search engine...

Pneumatic
Old
Thanks Meter 39
I am pretty particular about my devices and even a hairline scratch drives me crazy so I always use a screen protector. I got the Luvvitt glass screen protector and I couldn't be more pleased. It really doesn't feel or look like there is anything on the screen so it is the best of both worlds. It's protected, still looks like bare glass and only cost $12.00. It's a no-brainer.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app